Interior paint code

mkeeler

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to a 1968 Chrysler interior paint chart with the code for the white pearl interior.

20230913_085132.jpg

Are you wanting to re-color the vinyl or paint metal items. What is the other color in the interior? For example, my '67 CE23 has pearl white buckets, center buddy seat, and door panels, with carpets, instrument panel, and rear package tray in black.

By observation, the pearlized colors were only on the vinyls and leathers, plus some metallic threads in the seat fabrics.

You can find the Color and Trim Guides and Dealer Order Guides in the "Library" at www.hamtramck-historical.com . There you can find the color codes for the interiors, plus illustrations.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Thank u. I am trying to dye the door panels front and rear and the molded in rear arm rests . It appears the were all done in the pearl paint. Oer used to sell quart cans but discontinued it 5 yrs ago.The sell rattle cans for $33.00 a can. I figure I need almost 15 cans. Some companies have said if I can supply them with the paint code they can duplicate in a quart. My car like yours has the pearl seats and the door panels appear to be the same color.

Yes, the door panels match the seats, as to color.

Are you seeking to make them look better or are you changing the color of them, with better panels? Just curious.

Take care,
CBODY67

Trying to make them look better. All of the molded rear plastic armrests which are one piece with ashtrays have the black original blown plastic is showing through

Thanx for the chart, but I don t see the White pearl paint or dye. It seems that the pearl color doesn't t exist.
To my knowledge, Chrysler was the only OEM to use pearl-type interior colors on vinyl, but many seem to not know this or just take what is available, possibly, as a "close match". But GM and Ford have their own white colors which are not "white". In exterior colors, GM's typical white has a blue tint and Ford's is more creamy. If not put beside all of them, you would not see this. Same way with the Chrysler pearl white and the other whites.

Perhaps some of the Mopar-specific restoration vendors might be a better place to look? The pearls had been phased out by the time the Formals arrived in 1974.

Just some thoughts and observations,
CBODY67

To my knowledge, Chrysler was the only OEM to use pearl-type interior colors on vinyl, but many seem to not know this or just take what is available, possibly, as a "close match". But GM and Ford have their own white colors which are not "white". In exterior colors, GM's typical white has a blue tint and Ford's is more creamy. If not put beside all of them, you would not see this. Same way with the Chrysler pearl white and the other whites.

Perhaps some of the Mopar-specific restoration vendors might be a better place to look? The pearls had been phased out by the time the Formals arrived in 1974.

Just some thoughts and observations,
CBODY67
Thanxs so much for ur input. I will take that suggestion and try Mopar vendors

Back