Interior upgrades (First project

drtrubs

Reaction score
I have a 1965 Chrysler New Yorker 4 door. This was a family gift and am starting the restoration process.

I have the original seats and leather but it is pretty damaged. I am looking for help on the process of getting the seats recovered with new leather.

I live int he Ohio area and don’t know where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome @drtrubs — the above advice is good. SMS can be slow in delivering but what they deliver is spot on in my experience.

You’re in Cleveland so @67newport is not too far from you. @PH27L7 and @shooter65 are about an hour south of you. All may have recommendations for local automotive upholsterers.

You should also use the search function of the site to find who else owns 1965 Chryslers and also who has ordered from SMS for cars like yours.

Good luck — would love to see pics.

drtubs
Good Morning and Happy New Year.
I am a fellow 'Buckeye" with a '65 Newport 4 door (aka Party Barge) that needed upholstery work. I got the material from SMS. As stated, they can be S L O W in the delivery process, I guess because they are the only game in town when it comes to originality.
The material, once I received it, was good. My only complaint I have is when they sent the windlace (the color keyed material goes around the doors) they sent it in pieces.
If you don't have a upholstery shop in mind. The shop I used (Renee's Upholstery Shop) does EXCELLENT work. The down side is that they are not near Cleveland.
If you would their contact info, drop me a P.M.
Good Luck with your new New Yorker. When you get a chance post some pics.
Omni

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help. I found some guys around the Norwalk area who have done a bunch and are trustworthy. Should be getting it looked at next week.

Back