Introduction of Dodgy Dick

:welcome: Nice cars! We're getting quite a few RHD cars here now, but they do still seem kind of odd. Most of them are imports like Skylines, etc. I did see an RHD '60 Olds at a Show 'n' Shine a few years ago though.

Welcome to the forum Dick, I see you have one of the Limited Edition 400 series cars, what number does it show on the dash tag?

Welcome to the forum Dick, I see you have one of the Limited Edition 400 series cars, what number does it show on the dash tag?
Hi Wolfen, my special edition 400 badge number is 202, yet Vin?/ID/Body number stamped on firewall is 89, yes, just plain 89 !!
I assume they were originally imported as partially knocked down cars from Canada and a simple VIN/ID number was stamped on firewall here during assy.
Interesting to note most Aussie cars have a Vin code, on average, being a mix of approx seventeen letters and numbers.(give or take)

Hi Wolfen, my special edition 400 badge number is 202, yet Vin?/ID/Body number stamped on firewall is 89, yes, just plain 89 !!
I assume they were originally imported as partially knocked down cars from Canada and a simple VIN/ID number was stamped on firewall here during assy.
Interesting to note most Aussie cars have a Vin code, on average, being a mix of approx seventeen letters and numbers.(give or take)
That's curious, the body number should be the same as the plate, I had number 59 on my plate and that matched the body number on my '70.

That's curious, the body number should be the same as the plate, I had number 59 on my plate and that matched the body number on my '70.
Yes Wolfen, Sure is weird, as I have not owned the car from new I dont know why the numbers don't agree...OH Well !!

Welcome to the site, I know the LHD may seem weird to you but I have driven some RHD mail jeeps and it is really weird but it may be different if I drove on the left side of the road

Back