It is for sale, `65 300 vert.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I posted these 2 pics last week in the "C-bodies in the wild" thread saying I was going to check it out. Well, I did stop by the auto repair shop where it has been sitting to get some more info. Turns out it has been sitting their for 2 years and the owner probably would sell it, so they gave me his number and I called him yesterday. Turns out it was restored 10 years ago and was driven their to get some issues worked out with the power windows, and their it sits. He says original engine and trans, it does have a fender tag and build sheet, top and interior were new 10 years ago. Not a lot of options IMO and there is evidence of patchwork on the floor pans and lower quarters and there is some rust in the frames, not a lot and they tried to fix it rather poorly. No idea on the condition of the drivetrain, as we didn't even try to click it over, but it sure looks unmolested under the hood. He says he would like to get $X for it but I could tell by the way he said it he knows it's not worth $X. I don't really need another project, but this one could be a fun driver, What would you guys say it's worth? They only made a little over 1,000 of these.

IMG_5921_1.jpg

IMG_5923_2.jpg

Current market value on a 65 300 convertible in #4 condition is $3925. Plus and minus percentage points for options. Sitting that long I'd be concerned about the trans, brakes, fuel system, etc. Plus sorting out the windows could take some time and money! Very cool and good looking cars! The grill and dash are some of my favorites.

I bought mine in 2002 for just over $1000.

Based on the pics and description, I'd say that one is more solid & the top looks a LOT better, but mine was basically ready to drive as it was.

Gotta wonder what percentage of them were red?

leavessmall.jpg

leavessmall.jpg

leavessmall.jpg

Thanks guys, I think I know how much I would give him for it as is where is, if I decided I wanted it. Problem is, I currently have nowhere to dock that boat right now without paying storage somewhere.

spare 65 300 convert $500

I have a 65 300 convert in Greeneville Tn. that I was going to restore. But the floors are GONE! Would make decent parts car for trim, convert stuff, etc.

Motor and tran are in it, but I am keeping drivetrain. 383 has less than 10k on stock rebuild. Tranny rebuilt with less than 1000 miles on it.

e-mail [email protected]

Thanks,

Tom Denkler

That kills me with the snow sitting on that poor car. The others around it don't have snow, someone brush that car off.

detmatt, if you're not able to get the car, PM me, I might be able to find a good home for it.

Pat

detmatt, if you're not able to get the car, PM me, I might be able to find a good home for it.

Pat
I will let you know, this car does deserve a good home. I'll get more pics of it soon.

rexus31, nice car brother. Looks like yours is optioned out pretty well, love the console shift and the red interior. The one that I came accross has a white interior, column shift, no a.c..

rexus31, nice car brother. Looks like yours is optioned out pretty well, love the console shift and the red interior. The one that I came accross has a white interior, column shift, no a.c..

Thanks man. Yeah, it's a pretty heavily optioned car: A/C, Power Vents, Windows, Power Seats, Console with Vacuum Gauge and AM/FM radio with rear speaker.

If you want to check out more pics of the restoration click here: http://moparforums.com/forums/f66/1965-chrysler-300-convertible-restoration-profile-6608/

I checked out your resto thread, very impressive, nice work.
I am currently restoring a `68 Road Runner with a similar thread over on FBBO and am having a lot of fun with it. My Runner was worse off then your 300, that thing looked pretty solid to start with.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=4469

Your Roadrunner was for sure WAAAAYYYYYY worse that my 300. Excellent job on all the metal work and body part grafting. My 300 had zero body rot on the car. The dry climates of So Cal and Nevada does wonders for sheet metal. The car sat parked in Vegas since '80 with the top down until I purchased it around 2006. The Vegas elements were not kind to the interior or any of the soft trim but the car was very solid to start with.

Back