Its radiator time

I'm looking for a radiator for my 72 Polara with a 360 and the only one I can find is on ebay and it's aluminum. I wonder if I could just get one say for 71-73 B body through Rock Auto and make it work? Have no problem making a mount or drilling holes. The local radiator shop closed and I doubt this radiator could be record anyway. It's in really bad shape. Any help would b greatly appreciated. I could always go with the aluminum one on ebay.

Looks Nice! Good luck. Let us know how the install goes.....

Install was a non-issue, except that the lower bolt holes were actual "holes" and not a slot. [Of course we all know that the OEM slot allows you to slide the rad down to loosely installed bolts and then relax and install the top bolts.] I made the holes into slots in a jiff....and fitment was perfect.

The shroud fitment (plastic in my case) was slightly off after being "molded" to the shape of the OEM radiator for 48 years of hot duty, so a slight enlargement of the shroud's bolt (stud) holes solved that issue.

Spectre radiator did not have this slot, just a hole, but in the proper location.
IMG_3330.JPG

Install was a non-issue, except that the lower bolt holes were actual "holes" and not a slot. [Of course we all know that the OEM slot allows you to slide the rad down to loosely installed bolts and then relax and install the top bolts.] I made the holes into slots in a jiff....and fitment was perfect.

The shroud fitment (plastic in my case) was slightly off after being "molded" to the shape of the OEM radiator for 48 years of hot duty, so a slight enlargement of the shroud's bolt (stud) holes solved that issue.

Spectre radiator did not have this slot, just a hole, but in the proper location.
View attachment 232178
I made the same minor modification when I replaced mine.

Back