Junk yard pics

I am completely with you.

I read people complaining "shipping is too expensive, wrong side of the country" or "I can't afford a another classic car for 5k" and read later on how they bought a brand new Dodge xy for 50k. But of course it is all financed and in reality owned by the bank

And thats a problem?

no, just a sissy with poor financial behavior

Thats your opinion. America has kept the world moving because of its financial behavior for decades upon decades.
AND I think the guy the doesn't purchase a 5000 dollar " hobby" car because of price is making a good decision. Especially if he needs to keep food on the table. Which is where the new more dependable car is necessary.
YOU have a apartment with zero kids. It would be easy financially if we all had that lifestyle. Buying a pile of used cars cash becomes much easier your way.

Especially if he needs to keep food on the table. Which is where the new more dependable car is necessary.

So to keep food on the table you need to buy a brandnew 50k+ car and finance it?
No, that is wrong.

If you need a car to drive to work: fine, agreed but if you don't have the money buy a used 5-10 year old car.
It works.
Save the monthly payments for financing.
Built up savings

YOU have a apartment with zero kids. It would be easy financially if we all had that lifestyle. Buying a pile of used cars cash becomes much easier your way.

Everyone has the right to make his own decison about his lifestyle.
Despite that there are enough people who don't have kids and finance all the time because they don't have any savings. And live from paycheck to paycheck.

For my part I think it is wise to save money and be independent.
My credit score is zero. I pay not a single Dollar (Euro) for interest to any bank or company.
And if I would loose my job I could live for years without getting a new job.

But if you are financially tight, living from paycheck to paycheck, it is stupid to go out buying a 50k+ car financing......

No yards with old iron around here. Scrap prices got so high in the late 70's that just about every yard went to a 5 years old or newer policy. Everything older went straight to scrap. That 5 year limit is probably a little higher now, but that was it. Lots of cars went away, including people stealing old cars just to scrap them. A friend had a '60 T-Bird disappear out of his parent's garage. The scrappers weren't real fussy about paperwork either.

Scrap prices are still high enough that a lot of cars get scrapped. If it's a big car with a cat con on it, you can get $200.

Occasionally, you will see an older car pop up in a "Pick and Pull" type yard, but it has expiration date on it where it gets scrapped after sitting for a certain number of weeks.

So to keep food on the table you need to buy a brandnew 50k+ car and finance it?
No, that is wrong.

If you need a car to drive to work: fine, agreed but if you don't have the money buy a used 5-10 year old car.
It works.
Save the monthly payments for financing.
Built up savings

Everyone has the right to make his own decison about his lifestyle.
Despite that there are enough people who don't have kids and finance all the time because they don't have any savings. And live from paycheck to paycheck.

For my part I think it is wise to save money and be independent.
My credit score is zero. I pay not a single Dollar (Euro) for interest to any bank or company.
And if I would loose my job I could live for years without getting a new job.

But if you are financially tight, living from paycheck to paycheck, it is stupid to go out buying a 50k+ car financing......

That is ONE perspective. However some may prefer to purchase said fifty thousand dollar car and keep it for 10-20 years and know where its been its whole life. Otherwise you may buy four or five thousand dollar cars over the same time span and can not depend on reliability.
My 2010 Challenger was $39975.00 sticker. It was paid off in five years and five years after that my wife is still driving the 75000 mile car that I know where its been and how maintenance was performed. We will keep it at least another ten years. Not sure your perspective makes sense to me unless you cant afford the payments.
Im not sure how you save when you are living paycheck to paycheck and need transportation. Try it with a pile of kids a mortgage and a middleclass income ($45000-$100,000).

No yards with old iron around here. Scrap prices got so high in the late 70's that just about every yard went to a 5 years old or newer policy. Everything older went straight to scrap. That 5 year limit is probably a little higher now, but that was it. Lots of cars went away, including people stealing old cars just to scrap them. A friend had a '60 T-Bird disappear out of his parent's garage. The scrappers weren't real fussy about paperwork either.

Scrap prices are still high enough that a lot of cars get scrapped. If it's a big car with a cat con on it, you can get $200.

Occasionally, you will see an older car pop up in a "Pick and Pull" type yard, but it has expiration date on it where it gets scrapped after sitting for a certain number of weeks.

There is a old yard up towards Sodus point, halfway between there and Geneva. Well, they said they had a lot of old stuff but no Polaras when I went through in 2017.

20200815_090949.jpg

There is a old yard up towards Sodus point, halfway between there and Geneva. Well, they said they had a lot of old stuff but no Polaras when I went through in 2017.
I probably should not have said "No yards", but said "very, very few yards".

Because my power steering pump cap went missing I took these pictures for you guys. The yard has been there forever and is still buried in the woods of Jersey pretty good.
Not much left but memories and new stuff coming through as all the stuff gets stacked and pushed towards the back.

These old cars remind me of a great America, a proud America, of what once was. Only to be pushed aside by progression , globalization and democrats...View attachment 395696 View attachment 395697 View attachment 395698 View attachment 395699 View attachment 395700 View attachment 395701 View attachment 395702 View attachment 395703 View attachment 395704
Amen Dave!! Amen

I probably should not have said "No yards", but said "very, very few yards".
they've been mostly gone around here for about ten years now. the old timers died off (in their 80s-90s) left the yards to their kids (in their 60s-70s and probably already retired) the results were :
th?id=OIP.jpg
i still like to believe there are some private yards out there.

Back