Justice Is Served_ from FBBO

Good... I hope to see this on the news, but I doubt it. The industry needs a few less morons like that in it.

I figured there had to be a pretty good story that went with this... So I did a search and came up with this: My Engine Swap Saga Continues...

IMHO, this guy didn't exactly do a lot to get himself out of the problem. The shop had the car, not just the engine, the whole car, for over two years for a simple engine rebuild. Looks like there was one engine that disappeared around the one year mark. I didn't bother to search for that.

Seems to me that a month or so into the project would have had enough red flags going off that most folks with common sense would have been calling a tow truck to bring it home.

I'm not downplaying the mechanic's dishonesty here... but you have to have some responsibility to yourself not to be a victim for too long.

maybe he shouldve tried doing the job his self...negate a boatload of anguish.

He answered that by saying "It wasn't part of the challenge". I guess he made some deal with his wife about what work he would do himself.

I figured there had to be a pretty good story that went with this... So I did a search and came up with this: My Engine Swap Saga Continues...

IMHO, this guy didn't exactly do a lot to get himself out of the problem. The shop had the car, not just the engine, the whole car, for over two years for a simple engine rebuild. Looks like there was one engine that disappeared around the one year mark. I didn't bother to search for that.

Seems to me that a month or so into the project would have had enough red flags going off that most folks with common sense would have been calling a tow truck to bring it home.

I'm not downplaying the mechanic's dishonesty here... but you have to have some responsibility to yourself not to be a victim for too long.
Thanks John... IDK if I would have taken the time to dig that up myself.

Yes he did much of this to himself and IMO he has a bit of a confrontational personality... so maybe the set was playing into something in his mind.

No matter, he was the victim and the criminal was sent to jail... justice served, but I bet restitution payments take a long time. Whatever way you see it, this was all more hassle than I would put myself through.

Back