Keep, Toss, or Sell the original front drum brake parts?

brucewon

Reaction score
I upgraded to front disc brakes many years ago and have been holding on to the original drum brakes, spindles, brake pedal, etc...

I'll never reinstall these parts and I'd like the space. Are these parts worth selling or is it just scrap metal at this point?

You can ask for shipping costs and give the stuff away. I've done that a few times.

It would help if you listed what car and year...

I was lucky that a friend wanted my drums to replace his bad drums. I gave them to him for the cost of shipping. If you do offer them and receive no responces, toss 'em.

Nice thing to do. Help someone out and better than throwing them out.
Unless you find out later you could have used them! I found that out after I got another car needing parts to finish it. That's why I have a small horde of parts

Unless you find out later you could have used them! I found that out after I got another car needing parts to finish it. That's why I have a small horde of parts
I know that well. Toss something out and you need it the next week.

I had a 1970 all original Ford Bronco. I saved all the parts that I pulled off of it and tagged them and shrink wrapped them. I ended up selling it to a car collector and he claimed that the old parts bagged and tagged added value to the vehicle as he was going to put it back to stock to display in his collection. It turned out the old parts added more value to the vehicle than what I could have sold them for. Just a thought....

Back