Kelsey Hayes Disc Brake Wheel

Probably going to be hard to find because 67 C-bodies used Budd disc brakes.

Kelsey Hayes brakes were on A-bodies.

I believe they look like these:

IMG_9729_1024x1024.jpg

The basic rim design was the same as the modern wheels used through the 80's. The difference is the lumps between the lug holes instead of the solid ring. They may possibly be the same part number as the "Hemi" wheel that people talk about.

Disc brake wheels were all 15x6.

You can use the modern 1969 and up wheels if you're not going for a 100 point resto.

Jeff

Probably going to be hard to find because 67 C-bodies used Budd disc brakes.

Kelsey Hayes brakes were on A-bodies.

I thought they used Kelsey Hayes but I could have mistaken them for Budd. In any event I know the 15" wheels used on the Police/Taxi package used "clip on" hub cap wheels. I am curious if it is the same wheel without the clips?

I believe they look like these:

View attachment 482739

The basic rim design was the same as the modern wheels used through the 80's. The difference is the lumps between the lug holes instead of the solid ring. They may possibly be the same part number as the "Hemi" wheel that people talk about.

Disc brake wheels were all 15x6.

You can use the modern 1969 and up wheels if you're not going for a 100 point resto.

Jeff

Thank you but I don't think Chrysler used the "small" hub cap until 1968 and they weren't 15" wheels. 69 they did with a 15" wheel.

I have a '67 New Yorker with Budd's.

I'll see if I can get a photo of a wheel today. Cars are parked tight, so it may be tough.

Jeff

Thank you but I don't think Chrysler used the "small" hub cap until 1968 and they weren't 15" wheels. 69 they did with a 15" wheel.

I think it depends on if it's a civilian or fleet car.

Here's what's on the three '67-'68 cars that I've owned that came from the factory with 15" wheels. Two were disc, and one was drum. Of course all three cars had full wheel covers, not caps. There probably weren't very many civilian cars built that would have had disc brakes and poverty caps, though I haven't seen evidence that you couldn't. I have a salesman's pocket option and price guide from '68, and it doesn't have any remarks as to any required wheel covers when ordering disc brakes, just that you can't get any of the 14" wheel covers or wheels.
disc brake wheel.JPG

If you're dealing with a fleet car, they all appear to have the wheels with the clip-on hub caps, but there's no way of knowing for sure if these cars had drums or disc. A book that I have says CHP had Budds on their cars in '65, so it's likely they stayed with them through '68.
IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

img_0754.jpg

The 1967 parts book shows a different part number for civilian vs fleet 15" wheels. Makes no mention of disc brakes, just that the part numbers are new.
img_0750.jpg

wheels 67.jpg

wheels 67 2.jpg

Jeff

The part number for those caps is 1943733, so that goes way back to somewhere around the late 1950's.

Jeff

Back