Last T&C

Where did you find enough NOS correct woodgrain?

As for the di-noc... it's one thing I don't have to worry about. Dad had a lot of friends at Chrysler back in the late 70's. One of them was a designer and had a friend of his at 3M send my dad enough rolls of the di-noc to redo the wood.

The wood is finally done and door handles and locks are on. It will be much easier to open the doors now! I’m still waiting for the trim pieces to get back from refinishing, but there is still plenty to do.

2F6C61BD-7DC5-40B4-B9A3-49FB2A8787F2.jpeg

The wood is finally done and door handles and locks are on. It will be much easier to open the doors now! I’m still waiting for the trim pieces to get back from refinishing, but there is still plenty to do.

View attachment 479296
She looks fantastic sir.. You mentioned the Trim out for Refinishing. Could you share the source? I have some I like to get done on my 77 NYB. Thx

Excited to see the final product. I get more hyped seeing Station Wagons and Sedans than I do two-door muscle cars. Incredible work so far! Thank you for sharing.

John,
Here's another option that would probably be closer to you.

Stainless Trim Repair
The trim on these cars is aluminum/ chromeplated die cast pot metal pieces...so a lot more aggravating than stainless because the aluminum must have the anodizing removed (which is a PITA) before any polishing can be attempted.

Last edited:
The trim on these cars is aluminum/ chromeplated die cast pot metal pieces...so a lot more aggravating that stainless because the aluminum must have the anodizing removed (which is a PITA) before any polishing can be attempted.
EasyOff will do it. But then you are condemned to a life of polishing.

Yummy. I have always liked wagons and convertibles. When I got to West Germany in '89, I ended up with a dead '86 Aries K wagon with the 2.6L Mitsu engine with the dreaded timing chain problem. Paid a hundred bucks for the car. Me and another guy spent a lot of time and pain getting that thing put together; but once fixed, that wagon ran like a champ! Then, I bought a '67 Plymouth Belvedere I wagon in Belgium, was used as a funeral car its whole life! Brought it home to OK in '92, and kept that for about seven more years. Neat ride. Owned maybe a dozen other Mopar and Ford wagons since 1992 through about 2015 or so.

So, following this refresh on your T&C has been fun and interesting for me!

Why does this car have a Dodge/Plymouth horn button? The Chrysler horn button has a round emblem in the centre. Was it delivered this way? Interesting factory "mistake" if that is the case.
Shame on me. I never would have caught that.

1976-chrysler-new-yorker-brougham.jpg

It was built with the horn button. I’m sure parts were limited at the end of production. Maybe the supplier ran out of the horn button emblems?

Aaron

Took it on its first drive since 1984 (37 years!). It runs and drives decently. The timing, carburetor, and alignment need attention… but those are “adjustments” compared to everything else I’ve done.

Aaron

3CFA751C-3EDD-4DFC-8C4A-3DC2843011E8.jpeg

12E4261B-BCD9-48E5-90AD-2BDC96AFC5E0.jpeg

Back