Leaf springs on 68 Imperial same as other C bodies that year?

glenbeigh196

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether leaf spring for 68 Imperial is the same as other C bodies? General Spring claims to have a pair of 7 leaf rear springs in stock for the LeBaron, but I am just a wee bit skeptical.

I can't say 100%, but everything on and around them is completely different.
Shackles, hangers, isolators, etc.
Coupled with the wheelbase and 5200 lbs.. I can't see how they'd be the same.
I have a 68 convert outside with rebuilt springs, a they're grain truck rated by the looks of it.

A lot of people (including myself) have had good luck with ESPO Springs. It was a good number of years ago, but I got my rear springs from them for my '67 LeBaron, and I think these were different from other Chryslers. They SHOULD however, know the difference..... good luck.

Sure enough, much better and more detailed answer from ESPO leading me to believe they are the right source. Will order from them. Thanks Gents!

With the weight of these, shipping is an issue, depending on which is closer to you. I picked mine up at Carlisle...... ESPO is in PA, and if shipping is easier/cheaper, Eaton is well regarded, also. I re-did both front end and rear springs at once, the front end came 3" and the back end rose 4" to get back to "stock" height. The car handled 100% better......

How is the look on these replacement springs? Do the look stock? As in the tapper at end of spring leafs? I would love to correct the reverse bend in my springs.
1691619583149.jpeg

Any idea what is special about Imperial leaf spring isolators for 67/68. Fuselage years listed everywhere. 67/68 not so much.

Imperials have a lot of parts on them that were probably rated for use on Dodge trucks. These were big, heavy cars and they were built accordingly. Glad to hear you found a good source for your springs.

First time I saw a Fuselage Imperial on the rack at the local Chrysler dealer, my first reaction was "Those rear springs look like they need to be on a 3/4 ton pickup truck", FWIW

There might be some illustrations in the Parts Books of the Imperial and Chrysler rear suspensions?

CBODY67

Back