SOLD Location of this Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just launched the JLENS at APG. It's mission is to defend the White House...

http://www.army.mil/article/140245/...etecting_aerostat_at_Aberdeen_Proving_Ground/

http://patch.com/maryland/aberdeen/blimp-aberdeen-proving-ground-launching-soon-0

size0.jpg

Great pics. Some tough restorations though. Murry Park had this one, rusted out for parts.

Car066.jpg

Great pics. Some tough restorations though. Murry Park had this one, rusted out for parts.

yup ... lot easier to figure out what you've got/get what you need when they're "shiny side up". :icon_cheese:

"Murry Park"? forgive my ignorance but who/what is that? thanks.

He's the king in the c body parts world. Www.cbodies.com

Uh, oh...I hear a knock at the door. Somebody from this Forum comin' to take my membership.."with extreme prejudice" :icon_redface:

Fine outfit I'm sure, but never heard of them.

I developed relationships with Desert Valley in Phoenix and Wildcat Auto out in Oregon..luckily never needed a hood/door/floorpan shipped to me when I had somebody right here in my own backyard I didnt know about.

Thanks..i will check them out.

I live on the western side on the border of what is considered north and central Jersey, but grew up in northwest Jersey. Start going east of RT 287 and the hills start disappearing, and so do the trees. Northwest is hillier than this appears, in other words this could be located in a very large area of NJ. Being a town lot it should be near a municipal building, I'm going to search google maps for cars near these because the terrain is very similar to where I live.

Folks..thanks.

again, the photos are ten years old. they were taken by a friend of a friend, and we can't find the person who took them.

we (me and my friend) sent this person "searching" the east coast for a few salvage yards that were off the beaten path looking for police cars and other interesting cars...kinda like those "pickers" on the History Channel.

our only lead for THIS site is the "Long Island", "Palisades Park"-marked police cars and the terrain obviously indicating a general area. folks generally don't move bunches of salvage/wrecked police cars too far away from where they were retired..sort of defeats the economics of the salvage business.

its possible in the decade since all this stuff could be gone -- cars scrapped -- and they've built condos or something where all this used to be. the place could no longer be recognizable.

anyway, if nothing turns up in anyone's posts its cool. and no need to go out of anyone's way to identify this place.

thanks again.

Maybe samplingman would know......

I spent a lot of time in the Ramapo mountains, that was my old stomping ground. The stone fence and hilly terrain are very typical of an area near the old Ford plant in Mahwah, just south and west of the New York state line. Oakland, Ramsey or Suffern NY, or anywhere along the New York State throughway would look like that. Wouldn't surprise me if New York City owned a municipal area up there in New Jersey to dump their old vehicles. I don't remember any private for profit yards up there, but the locals often piled up whatever they could find for shooting ranges and such. Do a search for the term Jackson Whites, or Ramapo Indians and Auto Salvage and you may find some info or stories. BTW, if you ever do venture up there don't ever use the term Jackson Whites, it's considered derogatory and insulting to the locals.

It does look like it is on some hills. Nothing I have seen before. Long Island would indicate North Jersey or southern New York. Incidentally, they have some hills.

You posting this reminds me there was a yard in Jackson NJ that I have never been to but heard of.

I live in Freehold, which is right next to Jackson. There was a yard with a lot of old stuff on Jackson Mills Road but it got cleaned out a couple of years ago. It was re-populated with modern iron.

I live in Freehold, which is right next to Jackson. There was a yard with a lot of old stuff on Jackson Mills Road but it got cleaned out a couple of years ago. It was re-populated with modern iron.

Well that friggin sucks.... I never did make it up there but heard there was plenty of old stuff up there

FWIW, I live 20 minutes away and never got there either. I was bummed as well.

20 minutes away and never there, damn Thats tough to swallow. The yard they cleared out near me 11 years ago wasnt to large but had its share of C's. I never had a chance or the money to go in and pull everything of value, and they were cheap. All at once it seemed all was gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back