Looking for a 1972 Plymouth Fury Four-Door

CollinR

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Collin and this is my very first post on the C-Body Forum so I hope this is in the right place. I'm new here but I've been reading the for sale threads for a while. Now that I'm a bit older I've been looking for a quite a long time with the help of my grandfather for a 1972 Plymouth Fury Four-Door. The 1972 Fury has been my dream car for about as long as I can remember and I would absolutely love to find one. If anybody has any information or can provide some help, it would be extremely appreciated. Aside from checking for sale listings daily, and driving to look for a lucky find, I thought this forum could provide us a boost. We're looking for a 1972 Plymouth Fury I, II or III (Sedan only, Post or no Post, vinyl top or no vinyl) in good running shape with minimal to no rust. We've been on the lookout for quite some time now and really haven't had any luck. Searching CL and Hemmings almost daily has turned up mostly 1960's Furies and the occasional 2-Door 1972 Fury. If I was able to find a certain color it'd be great to find a Fury that's Green, blue, red, really anything except yellow or brown.. If anyone has any leads or knows of a 1972 Fury Sedan for sale (or about to be for sale) I would love to know. Living in the Nashville area you seldom see any 1970's Mopar sedans, let alone 1970's sedans at all. We're really not able to spend more than $9,000. Thank you for your time and if you have any info please don't hesitate to let me know.

This one has been reviewed on this site before and it's back up again. Looks like what you're looking for. If you search the For Sale forum, I'm sure you'll find when this car was discussed before. FYI, we can be pretty rough on cars on here. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find a member in the LA area that would consider checking this car out for you and also recommendations for cost effective shipping from LA to Nashville.

Good Luck!

1972 Plymouth Fury

1972 Plymouth Fury for sale. 2nd owner, white on blue. The car is complete and in stock or original condition. Needs some interior work. It has a 360 CI engine with a 2bbl carb, it has all it's original factory AC equipment, original blue CA license plates with a clean title in hand and NO rust. Haven't really tried to start it in awhile but it always cranks. I've had the car since 1997, the odometer reads 53k miles on it. Note- Please be in California or close by and make an appointment to come look at the car first if you are interested, cause that is the ONLY way I will sell it. $4500 obo. NO E-MAILS OR TEXTS JUST CALL

00E0E_ltPuthEcBQF_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_d7okANMbdrB_1200x900.jpg

00I0I_aN39XFeTlDN_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_72Gbco63nwG_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_erAF7gWdnsy_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_9NAxxwJDBLW_1200x900.jpg

I checked that one out but he says local deals only sadly and we don’t know any body in the LA area. So not really a lot of hope of nabbing that one. Thank you for the link though I’ve definitely kept it in my list. If I get to know people here on C-Body better I may do that if all else fails. I’m trying to look for one that runs and will need minimal work. I'm prepared to do repairs on it but It would be nice to find one that had been taken care of and wouldn't need anything significant or major done to it (College Student on a budget) I love that fury though. Definitely looks good. I was shocked to see a I that actually looked that good. Considering most were fleet vehicles and got used and abused.

I may consider it if there just aren’t any other 1972 4 doors around. Certainly looks like a car that needs some internal TLC to be brought back to life (It does look like it needs some costly interior work judging by that headliner) I also got a bit skittish when the description said that it always cranks (No start?) which likely would mean she needs who knows what done in the engine to even get it to turn over. I did find an off-gray 1972 Fury III without posts on CL as well for $2,200 1972 Plymouth Fury III but my heart sank when I noticed that rust had eaten up almost the entire bottom frame so that one also sadly wouldn’t work. I also found a Green 1972 Fury II in Hawaii, 1972 PLYMOUTH FURY for sale in Honolulu, HI | Stock #: 211830 however the Dealership selling it is less than reputable and I absolutely cannot pay to have it shipped all the way to the states. The interior of it also looked pretty rough too (Seats looked ruined and covered up). The two deal breakers would be wether or not the car runs, and if it has rust. (I'd really prefer the paint and interior to be in good shape too and not torn up..) Thanks for the good luck! I'm crossing my fingers hoping that I find one. I guess I'm just waiting for one that looks pretty, runs great and doesn't look like it's about to be parted out or crushed (I know such 1972 Furies exist.. somewhere) My grandpa said the two doors are more valuable but I have my heart set on the obscure 4-Doors instead. A running/non rusted, non beater 1972 Plymouth Fury Suburban would be superb but I'm realistic. :D

Last edited:
I certainly understand wanting to hold out for what you want. I would recommend that you be ready to buy quickly, for nice examples, they don't last long. Don't be afraid to ask members if anyone in the area of a car is willing to get eyes on it. We're all car guys and like to look at nice c-bodies.

If you decide you want to expand your search, I saw this one also. Not a 72 but seems to be a REALLY nice car. Other than being a 70, it seems to check all your boxes. Check out the Tennessee Highway Patrol pic at the end.

1970 Plymouth Fury II

1970 Plymouth Fury II - $8000 (Rutland, VT)

1970 Plymouth Fury II - SURVIVOR Car!
9,000 ORIGINAL miles
Slant 6 engine

Great condition! Runs & Drives!
in storage during the Winters!!

Asking $8,000 O.B.O.

00f0f_lgRZ3N7qtFB_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_ijx73nUXlcL_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_7o0RaRmjj45_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_1Mt0J2XhvHZ_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_8BeT3ijKo8Z_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_j2gztiCf7X6_1200x900.jpg

01111_2qtjg2hkcUv_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_7iYp9lmk1fR_1200x900.jpg

upload_2018-6-5_5-9-13.png

That's a sweet one no question about it! I also have her in my list as a consideration! (As you can tell I've been at this Fury Sedan hunt for a while.) That Twin Looped 1972 Exclusive front end has me stuck though, haha. So I'll keep holding out until I come across one. I'm sure you're right about them not lasting long. The second I see a 1972 Fury that's in good shape I'll be all over it. If anyone here in the community of C-Body has a running 1972 Fury Sedan or knows somebody with one that is willing to part with it, I'd love to know. I'd love to give one a good home. I really appreciate all your help, shooter65. Please keep sending more of these as you come across them. I'm checking the For sale section of this forum multiple times a day too.

Ask the seller if they are fine with you having someone look at the car for you as you're out of state. And then post a thread aking if a member in or near LA can check out the car for you. I've done it for other members and would don't again. And I've had a member look at a car for me. We like to help each other here.

that actually isn't me. I came across that post a while back while using autotempest to search CL and thinking for a moment it was for sale and I remember going 'Oh come on' when I saw the description that it was just a wanted ad. Plus the location of that listing reads VA, I'm in TN. I can't say my grammar is as advanced as his either. This is the first time I've posted anywhere about looking for a 1972 Fury. I also wouldn't post an ad like that in a 'for sale' folder because it looks misleading to people thinking that picture is of a car for sale until they read the description and have the same reaction I had. You have a beautiful Chrysler though! Love the two-tone color, and thank you for the comment and look at my thread. I'm keeping an eye out.

Last edited:
Ask the seller if they are fine with you having someone look at the car for you as you're out of state. And then post a thread aking if a member in or near LA can check out the car for you. I've done it for other members and would don't again. And I've had a member look at a car for me. We like to help each other here.

As I said I might do that if it's the only Fury in acceptable condition I can find. But I'd prefer to find one in good running shape that won't require a small fortune in repairs if possible. The 1970 Fury that shooter65 provided photos of is a prime example condition wise of how I'd like to find a 1972 Fury. Thank you for the help though! I do have it in my consideration list. I will add that my fall back car is a 1972 or 1973 Dodge Monaco Sedan/Wagon in the same condition.

Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures!! That is much closer to what I'm looking for. Nice Suburban. I'll try to keep looking but those are nice project cars.

Back