Looking for a front bumper for a 67-68 sport fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEIL'S 67

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi i'm looking for a front bumper for my 67 sport fury i'm located in southern ontario canada if someone nearby has one or knows of one somewhere please let me know...thank you... Bill

Welcome, Bill. I think I have a couple older rechromed bumpers for one of those. They should be fairly decent driver quality - I might even have a rear one. Shipping shouldn't be a problem except for price - I think they still do FedEx Ground up there, though. I'd be shipping from the Chicago area. Got any pics of your car? :cool:

thank you 1978 nyb and amc packrat sorry I have no pictures yet, i guess I should start with a bit of background, the 67 sport fury belonged to my best friend Neil who had the car since the mid 70s and was the second owner, he drove this car right up till 2 years before he passed away last year of leukemia. I used to help him work on this car to keep it maintained even though it is in need of cosmetic work,mechanically it is in great shape. After he passed away his wife and son asked me to take the car. S0 I am going to pick up the car soon from storage and my plans are to start driving it this summer.We had planned on replacing the front bumper last year just before he died he had a parts car with a good bumper but since his passing the car was scrapped by a relative who didn't think it was needed anymore. So in my buddy's memory I am going to finish this car and drive it in his honor...Bill

Great story, I think it is great that you will keep the car going in his memory. Post some pictures of the Sport Fury, I have a 67 Sport Fury also, John.

That is kinda neat - sounds like a good project. A lot of people close to the border just have parts shipped to the US side and pick them up. Saves a lot on shipping charges. Do you have the bumper with the rubber strips or without?

Thanks everyone sorry it's been a while but here is a pic of Neil's fury I brought it home this past weekend, unfortunately time and mice in storage were not so nice to it but with a fully charged battery and a new set of points it fired right up, it's going to need a few more pieces than i remember but will check it over more thoroughly soon...Bill

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice Fury. I'm looking forward to the journey and progress updates.

Wow, cool car & cool story. Not many guys have a friend who would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back