For Sale looking for decent front buckets for 65-69 c-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

393foureyedfoxrn

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a decent core set of front buckets to put in my 66 Fury. Must be a pair, have tracks included, and all side/rear trim panels included. Not interested in anything trashed. I want a decent pair to reupholster to match my car. Preferably something within a few hours of southern indiana/louisville area. send pics with details, please. Thanks!

66 and 67 have metal side and back pieces, 68 has plastic pieces and a release button for the back to tilt forward.

Bolt-in is all that really matters to me. After upholstery, only a purist would know it's not "correct". But they'd probably first have noticed the wired-in Magnum EFI, the A518, the '73 discs, and the aftermarket wheels.

I am assuming the floor pan, and therefore the way the seats mount, are the same from 65-73. I dont want the high-back 1970 up style seats, so that's why I said 65-69 was what I was looking for. If I got the 69 seats and didnt like the headrests, I could leave them off when reupholstering them.

We know the '65-'68 model years' floor pan should be the same, which means the seat tracks bolt right in, BUT anything newer than that could well NOT bolt in and sit right because of the '69-'73 floor pan having different contours and such in it.

Now, the '69-'73 seats themselves might well fit the '65-'68 seat tracks, if you had them. Otherwise, you might need to make some adapters out of thick metal sheet to adapt them so they might fit. Headrests are not a real issue as they can be removed and upholstered over. In the earlier model years, rh headrests and recliners were optional on Chrysler-brand bucket seats, as I recall.

Seems like YearONE used to sell seat foam kits for the '65 C-body bucket seats?

CBODY67

I have a set of buckets in a parts car, but I won't get to it for a little bit, and I'm nowhere near Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back