looking for vacuum emission hose w/plugs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

74Monaco CHP

Reaction score
Contact seller
If someones stripping out another formal 74-78 I would be interested in the EGR hose and plug from the radiator sensor to the valve and any other vacuum lines the colored ones. I'm trying to get my engine bay LQQKING like it did the day it left the factory. I was told by an old school Chrysler tech last yrs that I could also knock out 20 degrees of engine temp if I got the egr working again...well the valve works got a new ported sensor in but not hose or plug to fit.

I'm still looking for a full size 74-78 c-body left wiper arm.

Perhaps some vendor at Carlisle will have this stuff....but I'm not holding my breath. :car flipper:

I was told by an old school Chrysler tech last yrs that I could also knock out 20 degrees of engine temp if I got the egr working again...
:BSMeter:

Seriously, there's a zillion of those around.
I'm sure Kevin can get you one as we speak.

Seriously, there's a zillion of those around.
I'm sure Kevin can get you one as we speak.

Thanks...I thought about running 2 hoses individually but it would probalby be more confusing later. I know the valve works. This has to be the hottest 440 I've ever had....w/o the a/c working I roast and its up to 190 is a short time. The old school guy say if I can get the engine temp down it will run better and I'll be cooler. :p

I'm sure what he was referring to was to make sure that the engine is operating at maximum efficiency, be it at factory specs or fixing what the factory %$^#-ed up.

Is this what your looking for?

I have this. It`s out of a 74 Barracuda. Have matching radiator and shroud as well if interested #`s on radiator say it`s for an "A" body vehicle but it looked original to the Barracuda it came out of. I think Mother Mopar threw the closet radiator on hand at this car. Radiator does need a recore it`s in tuff shape.

000_1078.jpg

emission hose

I actually have the ported valve in place, these are photos of what I'm talking about. The car will get up above to about 215 and did on and off most of the way home from Carlisle. I have a feeling its because its set to the California specs. Radiator is freshly rebuilt 3 core with large tubes, new clutch fan also. Chrysler Joe said the the egr would make it drop in temp...I bought a 3300rpm fan which I plan to install before next year as a backup pusher. I could only imagine how hot it would go if my a.c was working. Its will get up and then drop off so apparently the coolers are all working. I am getting a lot of the heat into the car. Thats my next step to put in some matting under the flooring.

* I put on the valve cover wire screens and they don't seem to have slowed down cooking the paint much...It has manifold logs that are strange can't even find a heat stove the fits.I did find a California emmission one in Iowa to replaced a cracked one....I think they might be motor home ones as the CHP was known for using them. If this keeps up I'm going to take some tin foil and cook my dinner on my next long trip.

Thanks..:campfire:

1001474k.jpg

Last edited:
Is your heat riser valve working? If it is stuck closed or partally closed you motor will run hot.

If someones stripping out another formal 74-78 I would be interested in the EGR hose and plug from the radiator sensor to the valve and any other vacuum lines the colored ones. I'm trying to get my engine bay LQQKING like it did the day it left the factory. I was told by an old school Chrysler tech last yrs that I could also knock out 20 degrees of engine temp if I got the egr working again...well the valve works got a new ported sensor in but not hose or plug to fit.

I'm still looking for a full size 74-78 c-body left wiper arm.

Perhaps some vendor at Carlisle will have this stuff....but I'm not holding my breath. :car flipper:

I probably have everything you need, I have two 74-78 Newports sitting at my house 74 Two door, and a 76 4-door

Big Blue
I'm going to check it since that manifold was the one that wasreplaced.

72 Demon I' m really interesed...who would have thought 20 yrs ago when we were stripping out emission stuff we would want it later down the line. Your probaly have other stuff that would interest me too.

probably so. Are the hoses you need the same between a 440 and 360?, I have a 360/2bbl in one of my Newports, and the other is a 360/4bbl, but stuff has been changed on it like the rad. so its not here. The other car has it as it only has 43K original miles on it. Paint on the motor still looks good.

I took the vacuum hoses off of the Newport the other day, Are they different for you since I have a 360 and you have a 440? or would they be the same? What other hoses do you need

I checked the other day the heat riser opens & closes....this was replaced with a replacement exhaust log.

My 440 used to run what I seemed hot. I think it is the dry intake(no coolant) with the exhaust crossover. When I replaced the intake I used a felpro gasket that blocked the crossover and it seems to run cooler on the top end. Takes longer to warm up, but I don't plan on running it in the snow and cold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back