Loving life! 2 years since my 67 Imperial GM full-size Disc Brake upgrade!

regr

Reaction score
Good morning C body people. Well its been 2 years to the day since I fixed the brakes on my beautiful 1967 Imperial Crown 4dr Hardtop. After many expensive attempts to get the BUDDS calipers to not leak by buying SS modified ones for big money and Yada yada yada I threw in the towel on the Budds and built a slick simple conversion using full size GM , Cadillac, Ambulance, Police, commercial large single piston calipers available in any auto store around the country. Conveient that the full size GM's use also the 5" x 5" bolt spacing. I never posted about this upgrade I did to my Imperial back then as I thought I would do it later after I knew how it was working. Well the car stops amazing the last 2 years, no leaks no vibrations, when you put your foot on the brakes at highway speed the nose of the car comes right down and stops this be heave beautiful car like a dream. Anwyay a few pics for you below and if any of you have questions post here or PM me. All the best guys and galls. Reg Riemer.

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 1 of 23.jpeg

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 2 of 23.jpeg

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 3 of 23.jpeg

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 4 of 23.jpeg

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 5 of 23.jpeg

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 6 of 23.jpeg

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 7 of 23.jpeg

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 8 of 23.jpeg

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 9 of 23.jpeg

1967 Chrysler Imperial - 10 of 23.jpeg

Does the Mopar Imperial rim clear? Or are you using GM rims...very interested in the shim and caliper bracket specs so that I can duplicate for my 68.

Excellent work! Double points for a creative solution to the Budd brake issue. For now, I'll go the OE route since I've spent way too many dollars on acquiring parts, but it's nice to have a backup plan should (or maybe when?) things go wrong. Thank you

Excellent work! Double points for a creative solution to the Budd brake issue. For now, I'll go the OE route since I've spent way too many dollars on acquiring parts, but it's nice to have a backup plan should (or maybe when?) things go wrong. Thank you
Yes, I hear ya. I spent a fortune on Bud's calipers and everything. I could never get it to work properly. Real frustrating waste of time and money. My new set up works very nice OEM look as well, and the car stops like a dream now. If you want to get a kit from me later, I'll do that for you.

How much difference in price are we talking about here?, does this type of conversion work on later Imperials?

Back