Bringing my first car back to life - 67 Fury 4dr hardtop

Love the green interior and the Dodge dog dish hubcaps lol.

haha you are the first one to notice the dodge hub caps pretty much ever. The back I have ford wheels that I put on it because of being broke and doing burnouts all the time in college. The fronts are factory wheels with those dodge caps. Actually picked those up at a garage sale for $20. I have all four and they are pretty nice.

I am not sure what I want to do with wheels. Either 17" torque thrusts or just do steelies and correct caps. Would at least like 15x8s then.

Car looks good to me. As for the paint, do you live in a city area? It may not be a good idea to spend a lot of money on a nice paint job, just to have someone in a Camry open their door on ya. I would live with it for awhile and drive it... a lot.

yeah thats why I am thinking about just having the quarters fixed and painted. I dont want the car to be perfect but I also dont want it to look like a pile of crap. I drove it to work Monday and someone some how gave me a fresh nick right in the slab side of the drivers quarter. I was seriously parked all the way out in the back. Stupid.

You discovered that to, eh? Just went through it with my '66 300, and the left rear corner is still sticking up a bit on mine, too. But it's on and closes for now. Also have some weak quarters to deal with.

Definitely an interesting and enjoyable journey you're having there. One of our family cars back in the 70s was a '68 Fury III 4 dr 318. Decent, reliable, tough old sled. It will serve you well.

I also like the interior color. Not the typical black, white, or blue.

Thanks! I like it too. It makes it harder to find parts for thats for sure! I think I will have to replace the armrests with black which shouldnt look too out of place. The drivers side is shot.

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

full

Not sure why all the pic links died....

I haven't done much to the car since I brought it to Oklahoma. I recently moved from Broken Arrow to Tulsa.

Pulled it out fired it up and drove it over last week. this week my buddy was in town for contractor work. We built the original iteration of the 413 back in high school around 2003.

We've changed a bit since high school.

Also, my cragars came in.

Moving before a tornado... literally

Hit up my favorite bar in Tulsa with my buddy I havent seen since college

Before in 2003 I think

and last night

I'm the guy on the right.

Cragars! Wheels were pretty low on my priority list for the car (interior and bodywork) but I got them half off! $430 free shipping for four!

Love that car! It's a almost identical to mine! Lol. Looking at the some of the other pics in your album , I noticed what looks like a few Mosan Nagants too ! Good taste in cars and weaponry!
image.jpeg

Amazing story and Fury...to have since you were 14. I wish I'd never sold my '67 318. My favorite year, the stylists made every line and crease a knife-edge.

Love that car! It's a almost identical to mine! Lol. Looking at the some of the other pics in your album , I noticed what looks like a few Mosan Nagants too ! Good taste in cars and weaponry!View attachment 75183
Nice! your quarters are nice too! Mine are coming apart on both sides.

Firearms are another big hobby of mine too. for Mosin Nagants I have an Russian ex-dragoon 1929 91/30, a finn 91/30 and a polish m44 among others.
image_2.jpeg

So after another 5 years of being stored and rarely driven the car has basically been untouched. I moved back to the Cleveland area two years ago and towed the car back up here.

In that time I built and raced a spec miata as well as a TT miata, then build a TT C5Z06, which I am refreshing right now as the season is finally kicking off. Bought and sold a couple houses, and a few ex-gfs here and there. Keep getting distracted with other things.

Well, the Fury is still my most reliable car. Fired it up, drove it around last weekend. I have a few packages coming from Summit/Jegs/Ebay so freshen things up.

Good:
Car still runs pretty good, feels a little down on power doesnt like to rev over 6k anymore
No additional rust

Bad:
Rust is really bad in the quarters and end of the rockers, i have those garbage ebay panels for it
Interior still isnt great
Dash started to speckle rust through the paint

List:
Plugs and inspect the cap/rotor, test MSD box
Carb kit, set four corner idle and secondary idle screw correctly
Jet down to 70/73 and new 4.5'' PVs
Fuel filter in the big canister style filter
Maybe rip all the -8AN and electric pump stuff out and go back to a mechanical
Maybe install the scarebird front disc kit or get a wilwood kit, looks like scarebird doesnt even make the version I have anymore, uses ford rotors
Body work
Interior work
Finally put on my 17x8 cragars
finally install my OD 4 speed after sending it to passon

Just for a refresher, the car has a 413, .030, xe284h cam, 3200rpm stall, 3.55 w/lsd, shucmaher tri y headers, rpm intake, 440stealth heads, 750dp,-8AN fuel line with return from the regulator, sumped tank, MSD pro-billet distr with a old 6A box, and a universal alum radiator with a 5 blade clutch fan.

Glad the forum still exists, cant believe Ive had this car for 16 years.

fury.jpg

wheels.jpg

Great story and thread.. I wish I still
My first car.. I miss it. Don’t ever get rid of your Fury if you can help it! You’ll regret it. I certainly do.
870BFE40-6BC8-4430-8A0B-728F7E6E6053.jpeg
E869D0E4-5EAB-4F34-90D1-0A6D80F55DAF.jpeg

I'm in the same position as you. Got my 67 Fury III 2dr when I was 15. Now I'm 30 and able to dig in and give it attention.

Welcome back, I learned to drive in mine when I was around 6 or 7 years old. Dad transferred the title to me when I was 16 after it had set a number of years. Many hours in the high school shop class. Head rebuild and Dual exhaust scavenged off a VICA smash Car and many other repairs.

I'm interested in seeing this come together and seeing what you do with it, as my stepfather has two 4-door '67 Fury hardtops. A Fury III in BK2 Turquoise and a VIP in CC1 Blue. Yours is looking very nice so far, keep up the great work and please keep us updated.

Back