Magical thinking...and Homeland Security

Hell I'm getting almost 15 with a slapped together 400 with .022 ring gap, and a 284/484 Mopar Performance cam.
I thought I was getting 15ish until I found out how big a C body tank is vs a B body tank. My gauge has never worked and I've only run out of gas screwing around knowing it was low, just out of town by a couple hundred feet. I was working on my launches a different day when it started to stumble so I headed back the half mile into town. I gave it what little gas was left going down a little valley so I could get up the other side and I coasted 400 feet to the pumps. Put in $10 and back out to figure out how to launch it! I've always filled it after every few drives (20-40 miles) since then. Not having a radio helps focus on the car and what it's doing.

Homeland Security? At least your car was safe while you got gas!

Homeland Security? At least your car was safe while you got gas!

2012-tsa-k9-vehicle-inspection.JPG

inspection.jpg

I remember all cars being searched the year after 9/11 with Dogs and all prior to going to the Exhibition ground in an area of a US Military village in K-town, Germany. Was also the last year unfortunately for that Event.

My father, (God rest his soul). had a favorite saying, "A Chrysler with a 440 will pass everything except a gas station".

Back