Manifold Casting Number

Kaz

Reaction score
I need help. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about fixing up these cars but I'm still way behind the curve. So I need a new exhaust system and TTI wants the manifold casting numbers. I have the one from the passenger side. Looking at the driver's side, I'm guessing that number is under the manifold heat shield. Anyway to get that number without removing the shield? And is it a straightforward procedure to remove the shield after 51 years? It's a 1970 Chrysler New Yorker, 440. Thanks for the help!

I need help. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about fixing up these cars but I'm still way behind the curve. So I need a new exhaust system and TTI wants the manifold casting numbers. I have the one from the passenger side. Looking at the driver's side, I'm guessing that number is under the manifold heat shield. Anyway to get that number without removing the shield? And is it a straightforward procedure to remove the shield after 51 years? It's a 1970 Chrysler New Yorker, 440. Thanks for the help!

You need to determine if you have a T-Code or U-Code engine (high performance)
#2899954 T-Code 350 hp
#2899968 U-code 375hp

Dave

Kaz
Go back to TTI site with your passenger side manifold casting number. Tti has pictures of the various manifolds.
The number you have will show if you have log manifolds or the hp manifolds.
Then refer to Dave's post with his choice of drivers side casting numbers.

1970 New Yorker, 440 T code, 4dr HT, auto column.
OK, I got the manifold numbers, they are not HP. And my mistake, it wasn't the "heat shield" covering it but the upper carb air heater. Next challenge, TTI says, "A Torque Shaft Assembly is required if the driver's side stock straight torque shaft rod is mounted below the torsion bar". Looking up from the ground, I think everything is above the torsion bar, so I won't need their Torque Shaft Assembly. Am I correct? I know I have a lot to learn but I'm trying. Thanks for the help!
Torsion bar.jpg

I agree that you don't need a torque shaft assembly. I used a TTI 2.5inch with HP manifolds in my 1970 440 Fury. Everything fit OK except driver side over axle hanger. They sent 2 and neither fit. Had to fabricate. Also, rear of tailpipes needed to be outside the subframe, not inside.

Back