Mark VIII Fan

TroyCo

Reaction score
I've been thinking of ditching my 7 blade fixed fan for the fan mentioned in the title. I have replaced the under hood wiring harness and completed an ammeter bypass already, as well as replaced the battery cables with 1 ga units, and I'm running a 60 amp alternator. Will that be enough alternator after adding the necessary relays and/ or a fan controller? Anyone ever attempt this install before?

I always use some fan on the engine, I have an electric helper fan on one car, pirated from an '02 Bonneville. Haven't done any upgrades to wiring, don't know what amp alternator I'm running, and the car has had no charging issues ever.

There was a long running thread on moparts for using a Benz fan with a controller a guy was making, a decade ago it was affordable at least

Another option is using a Dorman replacement fan from a Ford Focus. They were around $100 a few years ago. I think they only work on a 26" radiator.

After reading several forums, I may try the HHR fan. It doesn't move as much air as the Mark VIII fan, but the fan has a built-in controller, I think, plus it uses significantly less voltage to operate.

Back