Mathilda, Our Lovely 66 Newport, Wantonly DESTROYED by a Gen Xcrement Sociopath!

As everyone here has said you're precious little children are safe! Thank God for that. Everything else while it will probably be a major pain in the *** is relatively unimportant. Glad it wasn't worse and good luck with all issues with the car.

That sucks so bad
I don't know how it works in AZ but here in Ohia it's not fun, I speak from personal experience( 1968 fully loaded survivor dodge Monaco, 3rd owner, still had the original window sticker hit in the rear quarter by a drunk driver while it was parked, his insurance wanted to total it for $900, her soul rests with Murray Park now)
try to avoid it being totaled if possible, definatly get a lawyer, maybe see if you can find someone to appraise it on what it was before
The reason I say try to avoid it being totalled is
A ) it will have a salvage title( at least in Ohia it will)
B) it will effect the resale value
C) once you get it repaired it will need to be inspected
D) once you get it back up and running, if it ever gets wrecked again, they'll look at the salvage title and say " look it was totalled before it isn't worth much"
At least that's how it works in Ohia
Glad to hear you and yours are OK
And a bit of advice for anyone who reads this GET A DASH CAM!! you can pick up a cheapy at WallyWorld for $30 and you'll never have a he said she said moment again, video don't lie!

Glad you're all safe, and sorry about your car. By the way I'm a "gen xcrement" and whomever doesn't like it can pi$$ off. Don't be a bias p.o.s. you don't know me anymore than the head of general mills.

Definitely contact a lawyer, particularly one that specializes in auto law and accidents like this. When I was involved in one before I was of driving age, it was a godsend for all parties...well, besides the truck that T-Boned us, but for me it was good (got $$$).

At least your frame seems to be good besides the stub frame and obviously your bumper/sheet metal are trashed. I don't know if Chryslers were the same but Imperials were banned from demo derbys because it was impossible to get to the radiator no matter how many times you hit it. I assume the C-Body Chrysler is the same here? And it looks like your radiator on the alternator side took a nasty hit though - trying to figure it out from the pictures. That's rough though, I don't know what I'd be feeling besides rage if that happened to my 68.

Hope it works out for you, somehow!

RAGE, for sure, and also some paranoia, as I'm growing more certain that this **** was planned to some degree. That ugly sow had a cell phone in its trotter before the car came to a complete stop. The background check shows that this thing should have been caged, long ago, if we lived in any sane, healthy society that didn't literally worship money so.

Damn Gerry, that totally sucks man. As others have said though, you and your little one are safe. Nuts and bolts can fix Tilly, the same can't always be said for us. Thankfully you have a wealth of resources and folks here to make your ride whole again. Remember, insurance companies are out to keep their money and adjusters at some carriers bonus by saving money on claims. You pay your premiums every month and they're supposed to work for you. Don't forget that.

Oh, and technically speaking, Tilly is a Gen X-er. Just saying but I'm a millennial so what do I know? Haha!

Glad you're all safe, and sorry about your car. By the way I'm a "gen xcrement" and whomever doesn't like it can pi$$ off. Don't be a bias p.o.s. you don't know me anymore than the head of general mills.

Ah, an Xception! Sorry about my blanketing you. I'll assume you're a fine soul because you value Fine Things, and in your case recant my general bias. I know I must be wrong sometimes. Being at the cusp between one generational demographic group and the following didn't make for an easier life for me, and as a precocious youth, I internalized the ways of my elders. I admit this wasn't always a good thing. Still, the difference of less than 2 years made for a huge gulf in habits, preferences, et cetera which exacerbated familial relations badly for me.

I LIKE Millenials by contrast, as much as the now senescent Baby Boomers which I latched onto so tightly. I even WEDDED and BEDDED one, to my joy!

Damn Gerry, that totally sucks man. As others have said though, you and your little one are safe. Nuts and bolts can fix Tilly, the same can't always be said for us. Thankfully you have a wealth of resources and folks here to make your ride whole again. Remember, insurance companies are out to keep their money and adjusters at some carriers bonus by saving money on claims. You pay your premiums every month and they're supposed to work for you. Don't forget that.

Oh, and technically speaking, Tilly is a Gen X-er. Just saying but I'm a millennial so what do I know? Haha!

As I said, I LIKE Millenials! Married and impregnated one even, Deo gratias! Study the demographics of age in this once experimental society. There are certain notable sinusoidal tendencies.

Yes, we all concur about the insurance leeches and lampreys/ Yes, Mathilda IS a Gen-X, though like myself, born in the cusp between one and the other demographic group. That's exactly why I prize the 1966 vehicles over all others.

I still look forward to meeting you up in the Black Canyon vicinity; now more than ever.

As I said, I LIKE Millenials! Married and impregnated one even, Deo gratias! Study the demographics of age in this once experimental society. There are certain notable sinusoidal tendencies.

Yes, we all concur about the insurance leeches and lampreys/ Yes, Mathilda IS a Gen-X, though like myself, born in the cusp between one and the other demographic group. That's exactly why I prize the 1966 vehicles over all others.

I still look forward to meeting you up in the Black Canyon vicinity; now more than ever.
Just had to give you a little **** and hopefully make you chuckle considering the circumstances. You're welcome any time bro. Just wait until it's not 3rd degree burn time at 9am and we'll do some part shopping!

RAGE, for sure, and also some paranoia, as I'm growing more certain that this **** was planned to some degree. That ugly sow had a cell phone in its trotter before the car came to a complete stop. The background check shows that this thing should have been caged, long ago, if we lived in any sane, healthy society that didn't literally worship money so.
I'm not really sure where you live or where this took place, but this is why I'm hyper alert in my Newport and would never drive it into a city limit of any kind. I'm sure you are too, but seriously, every time I come to a stop in front of cars in an intersection or traffic light, eyes immediately on the side glass and rear view mirror to see if anyone is speeding towards me far too fast to stop in time. At least in the Newport the visibility on that mirror and rear glass is FAR better than you would think, the side mirror as well (of which I only have one, but eh, rear view has good visibility).

At least this seems to be clearly insurance fraud, and if nothing else she'll probably get the book thrown at her, if we use the analysis of crooked justice, insurance companies don't like losing money to fake payouts and like to make examples. I would take solace in that, if it doesn't happen, then golly. But that seems to be fairly consistent in my experience.

I'm glad you and your daughter are OK... and it's good the cops came down on your side. That's a huge plus in your favor.

Keep this in mind... You two walked away especially given that she had let herself out of the car seat at the worst time. I understand the frustration, but at the end of the day though, it's just a car. They can be replaced... Focus on what you still have and how lucky you are to be OK.

Bless you Big John! After all, I BOUGHT that car JUST TO PROTECT MY LITTLE SPAWN to start with, and it has. I can repair this damage. Had I not heard the one "It's OK..." remark, I would never have gone off into Adrenalin Psychosis, but I did. I just thank God my narcotic addiction buffers that nasty hormonal disorder to a fair degree. This has saved my life numerous times, though occasionally, the adrenaline saved me from OD'ing too!

Just had to give you a little **** and hopefully make you chuckle considering the circumstances. You're welcome any time bro. Just wait until it's not 3rd degree burn time at 9am and we'll do some part shopping!

Right on bro! I deserved that too. SAS* I did.

I'm not really sure where you live or where this took place, but this is why I'm hyper alert in my Newport and would never drive it into a city limit of any kind. I'm sure you are too, but seriously, every time I come to a stop in front of cars in an intersection or traffic light, eyes immediately on the side glass and rear view mirror to see if anyone is speeding towards me far too fast to stop in time. At least in the Newport the visibility on that mirror and rear glass is FAR better than you would think, the side mirror as well (of which I only have one, but eh, rear view has good visibility).

At least this seems to be clearly insurance fraud, and if nothing else she'll probably get the book thrown at her, if we use the analysis of crooked justice, insurance companies don't like losing money to fake payouts and like to make examples. I would take solace in that, if it doesn't happen, then golly. But that seems to be fairly consistent in my experience.

Right on. She's apparently slick enough to retain a lawyer year round I found. Has some access to $$ still, though her past is catching up to her from the look of things. I'm just going to rejoice in my children and wife, and we WILL, with God's help and St. Joe's prayers, rebuild old Tilly's front end. I'll do what I can to get some remuneration, to be sure. I HATE anything that snatches bread from my babe's mouths, toys from their hands!

DO NOT FALL FOR THE "BUY IT BACK" SCAM!
It's YOUR car and the insurance company doesn't pay for the car, they pay for the LOSS IN THE VALUE of the car.
Stand firm on this.

Worry NOT on this. I shan't. Hell, I turned down an offer for $9k on that car this past winter. I won't let the little tragedy speculators low-ball me.

Whatever monetary settlement you make do NOT allow them to fool you into "buying" your own car. By doing that, the title changes hands and then gets reissued as salvage.
They don't insure the title or the car, they insure its value.
BTDT. In fact, after going round and round for weeks on it their adjuster (why aren't they called claim agents) told me I was correct in my position and asked how I learned it. I had two friends who were insurance adjusters.
I still own the vehicle and fixed it for one third of the damage estimate.

Whatever monetary settlement you make do NOT allow them to fool you into "buying" your own car. By doing that, the title changes hands and then gets reissued as salvage.
They don't insure the title or the car, they insure its value.
BTDT. In fact, after going round and round for weeks on it their adjuster (why aren't they called claim agents) told me I was correct in my position and asked how I learned it. I had two friends who were insurance adjusters.
I still own the vehicle and fixed it for one third of the damage estimate.

Worry NOT! We already are planning the repairs to Mathilda. I also have a very thorough record of my expenditures for parts since we bought her, and the one time I hired professional labor to rebuild the transmission. There will be NO transfer of title, none of ownership here. That car was bought for my CHILDREN and is a significant portion of their material legacy from me. I already know none of the soulless monsters associated with that female even remotely can comprehend that.

Very sorry to here about the damage to your car, but like others said the most important thing is you and your daughter are alive and well. The Lord was watching over you.

Very sorry to here about the damage to your car, but like others said the most important thing is you and your daughter are alive and well. The Lord was watching over you.

True and WISE words bro! Yes, Mathilda had been blessed by Bishop Gerald Kicanas, Diocese Tucson, and Fr Dazid Guzman, Carmelite, Santa Cruz, Tucson, and Ecce! the Blessing was Good. God heeded the prayers of these servants of His. I now see it was time for Tilly to be parked, if not forever, for some time until she gets fixed RIGHT! The next one looks substantially better to start with. Deo gratias!

I'm with everyone else here in being very grateful to hear everyone is ok.
Imagine if you were in a smaller car, things could have been soo much worse.

Back in the day I used to be a panelbeater, body shop technician I think you all call them, and as such I will let you know I have repaired much worse damage. Chassis' can be straightened, sub-frames can be squared or remade and panel work is a breeze to most old school tradesmen /women. With the amount of steel in those fenders a hammer and file finish should be possible - i.e. no plastic or lead filler.
I speak from experience, so don't be down hearted about the car. She might never 'feel' the same as pre-accident, (because you will always 'know') but she can be made as good as new.
I'd offer to assist, but I no longer have the tools, nor the inclination for that type of endeavor, sorry.

Really an inappropriate post. Sorry about your car, I really am, but accidents happen and we deal with them through police reports and insurance claims and then repairing the vehicle. Like many have added to your post, I'm very glad you and yours did not sustain personal injuries. Be thankful. Cars (even classics) are still just cars.

I'm with everyone else here in being very grateful to hear everyone is ok.
Imagine if you were in a smaller car, things could have been soo much worse.

Back in the day I used to be a panelbeater, body shop technician I think you all call them, and as such I will let you know I have repaired much worse damage. ....
don't be down hearted about the car. ....
I'd offer to assist, but I no longer have the tools, nor the inclination for that type of endeavor, sorry.

No worries mate! Wife and kids ALL decided we WILL KEEP her, and restore her to the Street as best we can. That car had been re-assembled from the garage it sat in for several decades by the young man who inherited it from his daddy, and sold to me cheap on my Word I would do all I could to make his daddy's car good, and car for it as the Departed meant to. For 5 years, I've sweated, bled, cursed, prayed along, slowly building the old rolling wreck BACK, until the catastrophe of 09/13. We first bought it to protect our then 9 month old daughter and selves from the idiot drivers around here who had totaled the disposable crap '89 Olds Ciera we' got for our first car as a couple.
Beedyboop-behind-the-wheel-20170519_121707.jpg

My then 2 yr old 1st daughter, Darija ready to "drive her Mathilda"

While some fools, usually besotted with too much money for their own soul's growth might think of a family vehicle as "just a machine" and so forth, those of us who know Labor for Love and OF Love know Better. Yes, we anthropomorphize our mechanical CREATures, as we toil to make them serve The Living better. I say those who would just junk these works might do well to ponder whether their own souls merit any better consideration themselves...

Let US be REJOICE in our KNOWING our Works are NOT, as certain soulless fools might type, "JUST cars." As a man who worked them for many GOOD, WELL SPENT, I SALUTE YOU! May St. Joe pray for you, as Salt of the Earth for your work. You needn't apologize to me now that you no longer have the energy for such labor. It's damned hard, isn't it?

Back