NOT MINE Mine - 1968 Sport Fury Hardtop, 383 A/T, 93,086 miles, $15k OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It is with mixed feelings that I am listing my imperfect survivor 1968 Sport Fury Hardtop for sale. I have owned this car since 1998 and it has always been garaged since I bought it. The reason I am selling it is to fund the restoration of a car that is on the top of my bucket list.

If you have been to the Carlisle show, Englishtown show, Lebanon Valley, NY events or car shows in southern New England there is a good chance that you have seen this car. The car has run high 15's in the quarter mile with the 3.23 open rear and wheel spin off the line.

TT1 Avocado Green Metallic with black vinyl top and green interior with buddy seat/armrest. 383 2 barrel car converted to a 4 barrel with a stock intake and an Edelbrock Carb, dual exhaust added to non-HP exhaust manifolds and a Mopar Performance electronic ignition system with Orange Box by the previous owner. Column shift automatic, PS, Power Drum Brakes, 3.23 open rear added.

I changed the valve cover gaskets 2 - 3 years ago and the valve train was clean as a whistle. This is a turn key car that could be driven across country without anything done to it.

The radiator was upgraded to a narrow fin 3-core radiator around 5 years ago and a fan clutch and shroud was added as the original factory cooling system was a 2-core radiator with a standard fan.

80% original paint. The left front fender and left quarter panel extension were replaced at some point and the shade of paint does not match that great, more so on the quarter panel extension. Original vinyl top in good shape and the interior is all original except for the driver's seat backrest side panel, which was replaced and the threads at the top are coming apart. A previous owner tried to do some touch up paint with a brush so there are a few spots where this is obvious. There is some clear silicone around the rear lower vinyl top moldings that was done by a prior owner.

The right side rocker molding has some creases but otherwise has a nice shiny finish. There is a pinhole in the left seam where the quarter panel meets the dutchman panel and some jerk hit the car while parked and took off, putting a crease in the right quarter panel from just behind the right door back through the fender skirt area.

To say that this car is clean underneath is an understatement. The car started out in the Cincinnati Ohio area and made it's way to South Carolina, which was where it was located when I bought it out of a Hemmings Ad and some photos mailed to me. The quarter panels still have the factor tabs where the lower quarter panels and the trunk floor extensions meet up. The car appears to have been factory undercoated and was built in Canada for the US market.

The trunk compartment was completely and correctly refinished due to some surface scale back in 1999 and the paint is starting to come of the seam sealer in some places.

Questions welcomed. Prefer communication via email; w cor c o r a n at s net dot net

Happy to provide you with my cell phone number to discuss.

Before you comment with negative comments about price or anything else please don't bother doing so unless you are VERY knowledgeable on '68 Sport Furys and have been closely following their prices for several years as I have.

Spare parts are available and can be negotiated to be included in the sale of this car.

Current and past photos of the car are posted.

68 Green Sport Fury Right Front 2.jpg

68 Green Sport Fury Left Rear 3.jpg

68 Green Sport Fury Left Rear.jpg

68 Green Sport Fury Right Front.jpg

Before I added the 15" Magnum 500's
Green SF Polo Grounds 2008.jpg

Green Sport Fury Englishtown 2013.jpg

Green Sport Fury Right Quarter Panel Crease Before Wheel Opening and Skirt Slightly Bent.jpg

68 Green Sport Fury Engine 2.JPG

68 Green Sport Fury Engine.JPG
Green Sport Fury Right Quarter Panel Crease Behind Door 2.jpg

Driver's side power seat added. Driver's side plastic seat trim at the bottom is missing and the seat backs have some cracks.

Interior and trunk pics:

68 Green Sport Fury Dash.JPG

68 Green Sport Fury Front Seats.JPG

68 Green Sport Fury Rear Seat.JPG

68 Green Sport Fury Trunk 2.JPG

68 Green Sport Fury Trunk.JPG

Before you comment with negative comments about price or anything else please don't bother

It's like you've been around and know these old farts. :poke:
That's a good looking car, especially with the 500s. Good luck. Hopefully someone here will scoop it up.

Beautiful car. Best of luck with your sale.:thumbsup:

It's like you've been around and know these old farts. :poke:
That's a good looking car, especially with the 500s. Good luck. Hopefully someone here will scoop it up.

I've been into C Bodies for about 30 years and have had '68 Furys since 1993 and still have the one that I bough in '93.

Beautiful car, I know it well.
If I didn't already have 7 cars now, I would be driving to see you. Maybe I can talk my wife into telling her it is for her, so we can have a matching hardtop and convertible.

90C55D72-7208-4E59-B767-AD69B3EC8775.jpeg
96712C03-4AEB-4809-92DA-95BBE59ED7E4.jpeg
2D70F5B0-52E2-49E5-A676-D6F9D83EF9B4.jpeg
78A6031F-722F-45E9-8398-5970EE169C2D.jpeg
67C9DE98-0985-4CB6-A028-3BA66ECE4796.jpeg
011527EA-A431-4117-9F96-0F98926DFB43.jpeg
881134BF-F673-4F07-BC42-06C2564EAF20.jpeg
528DC53F-5CD6-4C14-8EAB-242AA76DFE73.jpeg
3E10DD6F-C5F2-4C45-A098-359809503271.jpeg
E1E41F34-7D52-4787-9122-063FABF77B83.jpeg

Correction - the pin hole and a minor but of surface rust is just below the left lower vinyl top molding.

Additional pics above & below:

She's a beauty. Honestly represented and worth every penny IMHO.

i also hope somebody here get it, or anyone anywhere who will appreciate it for decades more to come.

GLWS chief! :)

She's a beauty. Honestly represented and worth every penny IMHO.

i also hope somebody here get it, or anyone anywhere who will appreciate it for decades more to come.

GLWS chief! :)

Thanks! You saw the car this past summer so I appreciate comments.

Beautiful car, I know it well.
If I didn't already have 7 cars now, I would be driving to see you. Maybe I can talk my wife into telling her it is for her, so we can have a matching hardtop and convertible.

You were at my former house in CT so you know that I am familiar with having too many cars. I am down to 5 C Bodies from the 7 that I moved down here with, a pickup, 2 daily drivers, a camper trailer, an enclosed car trailer and an open car trailer so for me some things have to go especially since I am not getting any younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back