Mopar Engine Paint Issue

ok never followed this up cause nobody replied...wound up repainting over the Hirsch stuff with paint from 8774paint1...pic shows repainted manifold with original color a/c hose bracket next to it....behind it is an alternator bracket still painted with the greener Hirsch stuff...its tough cause this stuff kinda changes hue depending on lighting...daylight or shop florescent it seems greener, phone flash or led its bluer...manifold pic is florescent with no flash...
0919221603.jpg
1111221508.jpg

Last edited:
Have seen a lot of different colors over the years that vendors insisted were turquoise. Some are bluish, some greenish. I bought a case of this stuff about 20+ years ago when everyone was building cars and over the years, a friends would call and say, any left? I kept about 5 cans and used it to paint my 440 about 2 years ago. Still perfect, I believe for 1967. Paint is P4120752 Mopar Performance. This is the last man standing, waiting for any touch up that might arise. Cam Shaft

IMG_0246[1].JPG

PS, Rip, yours looks most like the color that I envision and very close to the MP P4120752, but I gotta say you need to stop storing your engines in your living room, or the shop is way too clean! C Shaft

PS, Rip, yours looks most like the color that I envision and very close to the MP P4120752, but I gotta say you need to stop storing your engines in your living room, or the shop is way too clean! C Shaft

That photo was taken at the machine shop where my engine was rebuilt. The engine is installed in my 66 convertible now. Been there for a few years. . .

The engine was painted by the machinist with Hirsch paint supplied by me.

Back