My 1971 Imperial Factory Sunroof 2 Door Coupe

lovely car !
and very unusual interior choice with the blue, wonder if it was a 1 of 1 ?
i always thought the paisley top should have been offered in other colours, did you have to get burgundy material dyed or were you able to get it made up in black ? looks great.
question about importing a US car into Oz - i was told that some states/territories require/d RHD conversions and things like amber rear turn signals depending on the age of the car, is that still the case or have things been relaxed ?
( i sold a dodge royal monaco wagon to someone in melbourne years ago, im not sure if it ever left here)

mark

I am very pleased Peter that you got the car - and you followed through with the restoration just as you said you would - and in record time!

You did a fantastic job (and you kept me informed of all the details as you went through with them - excellent!)

Thank you for the photos of the completed car.

Steve

Thank you all for the compliments. A lot of hard work but definately worth it at the end. I had never driven an Imperial before. Wow what can I say. SMOOTH. You Americans sure knew how to build beautiful driving land yachts.

Marko: I had the paisley made in black by SMS. Surprisingly the service was lightening quick, within 2 weeks I had it. Saying that I had some gator grain made in green for my 70 Charger: 14 months for delivery!
We don't require RHD conversions on classic/historic registration now. This changed some time in the early 90's. Prior to that yep everything had to be converted to RHD regardless of age.

great job done.
I like your idear of getting whitewalls on it which it deserves

Carsten

Just a suggestion Peter, when you take the next set of photos with the dual white stripe tires, maybe you could take some closer up photos. The photos you have posted are fine but the ones you shared with me earlier that were larger and more close up really bring out the excellence of your work. The paint work and what negligible body work that was needed are just striking.

Just a suggestion Peter, when you take the next set of photos with the dual white stripe tires, maybe you could take some closer up photos. The photos you have posted are fine but the ones you shared with me earlier that were larger and more close up really bring out the excellence of your work. The paint work and what negligible body work that was needed are just striking.

What he said.... yes please.... great looking Imp.

Steve,
No worries, here are some high resolution photos. I thought maybe the high resolution photos wouldn't load up on the forum. If there are other photos you guys want to see let me know.
The white walls won't be done for a while now. In Melbourne we are in a complete lock down with the Covid 19 going ons.

DSC01515.JPG

DSC01517.JPG

DSC01521.JPG

DSC01525.JPG

DSC01522.JPG

DSC01566.JPG

DSC01557.JPG

Steve,
No worries, here are some high resolution photos. I thought maybe the high resolution photos wouldn't load up on the forum. If there are other photos you guys want to see let me know.
The white walls won't be done for a while now. In Melbourne we are in a complete lock down with the Covid 19 going ons.

View attachment 393074

View attachment 393075

View attachment 393076

View attachment 393077

View attachment 393078

View attachment 393079

View attachment 393080

DSC01554.JPG

DSC01556.JPG

DSC01565.JPG

DSC01555.JPG

DSC01498.JPG

DSC01568.JPG

Those seats are beautiful. How did you even find someone to do that embossed eagle design?
Yeah it took a bit of research but I finally found someone here in Melbourne that made the die/tool/stamp and they also stamped the leather. Wasn't cheap (in fact the leather because of the metallic finish and colour was SCARY EXPENSIVE. The leather was made in Germany. I had to buy 4 hides, was the minimum order) but the seats just wouldn't look right without the eagle embossing.

Beautiful car and great job! Can you tell us the name of that leather company from Germany, thanks.
Regards
Mika
Mika I couldn't tell you who the company was in Germany that made the leather. I sourced the leather from the below supplier here in Australia. Whoever the company was in Germany they have really good service. We sent them a sample, we received 4 colour samples within a week.

http://classicandeuropean.com/

Wow indeed. For historians, here is a post by @saforwardlook showing YM23T1C203021 in its earlier condition, with the original V1X black top.

Last edited:
Back