My -56 will be different...

Not far from where I live there's a big scrapyard that only scrap US cars & I came to think about grabbing a box from another brand, so I've looked into their site on internet & checked out some boxes & there's some bigger 60's Ford boxes that might do & I also saw a bigger 60's AMC's box & it seems that these boxes have the same bolt pattern to fasten on the frame + the pitman arm is on the underside, so I reckon I'm gonna go there & messure. Wouldn't that piss off some if it works...

Not far from where I live there's a big scrapyard that only scrap US cars & I came to think about grabbing a box from another brand, so I've looked into their site on internet & checked out some boxes & there's some bigger 60's Ford boxes that might do & I also saw a bigger 60's AMC's box & it seems that these boxes have the same bolt pattern to fasten on the frame + the pitman arm is on the underside, so I reckon I'm gonna go there & messure. Wouldn't that piss off some if it works...

That's one way to get it done, but maybe a wee bit risky.. , and time consuming if you are not spot on.... Let me check a source or 2...
FYI - the 300 club may have a line on some parts for you... the WP Chrysler club to a lessor extent. I take it you tried the forward look parts wanted (on FCBO site) already? Another is, google up 'search all of craigslist', or plod through facebook market place.
best of luck,
-mm

I bought a box from a scraped 2001 Dodge Ram pickup truck, so now I've got plenty work ahead...
The biggest problem just now is to get the pitman arm off the old box, the arm has been sitting with puller for 2 days soaked + heated on & on, might let go any day...
On the picture the work just started.
(it took two weeks to get the steeringwheel off from my Studebaker 11 years ago)
The size & splines on the shaft are the same!

DodgePU -01 c.jpg

P1020922.JPG

Back