My 58 Belvedere and Firesweep

Thanks to all. I feel very blessed to be caretaker of these great Mopars for however long it is. They sure do get a lot of attention when I take them out. I often take the skirts off the DeSoto for a totally different look. I like both ways. Sorry, I don't have any photos right now of it w/out skirts. I have skirts for the Belvedere too but don't like them much at all. I originally bought the Belvedere with plans to "Christine" it but don't think I'll ever do it now. I like it as is except for the drive train. It has a 1964 318 w/aluminum torqueflite in it now. I would eventually like to find a 58-61 BB w/ cast iron torqueflite. As much as I like the Mopar Fin Cars...C-bodies are still my all time fave. I grew up with them and they ride/drive/stop so much better. Just so much more comfortable overall. Plus they're so underrated and under-appreciated too. Thanks again guys for all your kind comments. Glad you enjoyed.

Bob

They are beautiful cars Bob! thanks for sharing the photos. I am glad you didn't "Chrisitne" your 1958 Belvedere. I actually love seeing them in colors other than red. My personal favorite would have been the seafoam color or bluebonnet blue,I think that was the name for the color. I do like C bodies and A bodie Mopars too,but the 57-61's are by far my favorites. I hope one day I will have a Desoto like yours,and a 1958 Belvedere. I would even be happy with a 4 dr sedan.

[QUOTE="SuddenlyIts1960!, I love the integrated exhaust ports and the way the bumper and fins flow upward.
The 60 Plymouth fins are amazing seen in real life,and the 1960 Chrylser and Desoto both have sleek,jetsons like fins.

Although this has been discussed here before, As a new member, :welcome:, we should remind you that they are not FINS......... Chrysler referred to them as " stabilizers". Ask Gary. :poke:[/QUOTE]

HaHa! You're right they are "Directional Stabilizers" which were proven to reduce steering corrections in crosswinds in wind tunnel tests...but I have seen several 1957-1958 Plymouth commercials where the pitchman refers to them as fins. I think we can all agree,no car should be without them. lol.

12909635_968560746546298_4082900957292524744_o.jpg

Those two are GORGEOUS! Where about are you in upstate NY? Love to see them at a show somewhere.

Thank you...I'm just east of Rochester...Looks like you're due south of me by about 2 hours or so. I make it to the Mopar Madness Show in Liverpool, NY most every summer. Great show! If you have never been, it's well worth it. We go out to cruises and shows mainly east and west of our area...hardly ever south. Once we went to Dansville, NY for the Festival of Balloons. If you know of a show/cruise north of you in NY let me know. Thanks...

Bob

I agree,looks better than anything made today,or anything that will ever be made again. The late 50's were truly a golden age,a unique time in history when unbridled optimisim toward the future manifested itself in objects from every walk of life. Back then they were selling tomorrow and an artists imagination was allowed to soar.

Last edited:
Back