My '68 Sport Fury

Skwerly

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Here is my '68 - it doesn't look this good anymore and is currently under the knife.

scan0001.jpg

I have a soft spot for any of the Fast Tops.
Fender skirts dramatically change the car too. Nice.

Nice! I had a '69 Fury with a 383 in the mid 70's. Texas car. Like a lot of people on this site, "I wish I still had that car".

Interesting look. Can't say I remember seeing that model before, though the front is classic Fury. It has a real "slab-side" look, which is currently popular with the Chrysler 300. The deep fender skirts also gives it a "lead-sled" look. Not quite as low as a 50's Mercury's and their rounded body goes better with a "drag the ground" look. The wheels look massive. Are they 16"? My 65 Newport has 14" wheels.

Nice, I cant leave my fender skirts off either, if I didnt get em with the Fury I wouldnt have sought them out, but because I do have them I spent a fair amount of time making new pins and rubbers for them when I was doing the rebuild last year.

Thanks guys. :)

Nope, the wheels are just 14s, but I'm considering upgrading to 15s so that I have more tire choices - i couldn't believe how difficult it was to find the ones on there! It isn't like back in the day (early 2000s) when every used tire shop carried 15 of them. i couldn't find a single used one.

i love the fender skirts. i actually sourced others because the ones on the car got a little bent up. they are green and from a VIP but the car is getting repainted anyhow.

as of now, the hood is off, the engine and trans are unbolted and ready to yank. progress is, as usual, slow, but it's coming along! :) the rebuild itself won't take too long.

I hate to say but every tire shop I went to said 14-15 are on the way out it's all 16-20 in tires now.

Back