My 70 300 Ragtop

The 300 had a spa day last Sunday.
IMG_8030.JPG
IMG_8033.JPG
IMG_8034.JPG
IMG_8031.JPG
IMG_8035.JPG
IMG_8036.JPG

At least the climate should preserve it. Hopefully to a good owner.
Yes the new owner is also a big C body
guy, and I'm sure the car will like the climate down there after spending almost 30years in a c-can

IMG_8251.JPG
IMG_8235.JPG
IMG_8231.JPG
IMG_8230.JPG
IMG_8224.JPG
I drove the 300 down to Paul's place in
Idaho where the shipper picks the car up in the next few days. The 300 made 400mls without any problems at the border crossing the American authorities where happy to see the car and the officer was thanking me for bringing the 300 back to the USA.

IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG
And the windows are up why?
Because of all the ash that was in the air causing by all the wild Fires we have at the moment our air quality is
poor at the moment.
It was the last time raining over 2 months ago.

The top was down, that means windows go down. If you're trying to keep ash out why is the top down?

I'm gonna have to revoke you convertible owners permit ....:poke:

The top was down, that means windows go down. If you're trying to keep ash out why is the top down?

I'm gonna have to revoke you convertible owners permit ....:poke:

From your comments I gather you've never driven a convertible of the highway during crappy weather. Above about 65 mph the air stream goes over the windshield and all the crap in the air goes all the way back to the trunk lid. However to stop crap sneaking in from the sides, the windows must be up! If you are caught with the top down in a big down pour, step on it and raise the windows. I learned that with my '68 Fury and I learned that it's manual windows didn't help at all. And that is why my '70 Fury has power windows!!

I appreciate the convertible owner lessons. I recently bought my first convertible and like the stories for me to take notes. I am in the resto process and have yet to drive it.

From your comments I gather you've never driven a convertible of the highway during crappy weather. Above about 65 mph the air stream goes over the windshield and all the crap in the air goes all the way back to the trunk lid. However to stop crap sneaking in from the sides, the windows must be up! If you are caught with the top down in a big down pour, step on it and raise the windows. I learned that with my '68 Fury and I learned that it's manual windows didn't help at all. And that is why my '70 Fury has power windows!!

I did once. Got caught in a sudden downpour in my 69. The guys in the back were getting slammed with rain while we were staying mostly dry up front. However the water from the wipers was being pushed to the side and coming around the corners of the A and into the cabin. I kept going until I found an overpass to park under

Few of my ragtops the 70 Polara is my current one , the 69 and 70 300 are both E86 cars
544E97CA-A6BA-4E07-9270-3D7F76ACA718.jpeg
BECE6861-0C66-4340-8CCA-E9DFC109FF94.jpeg
771CBAF9-830E-4FB0-B545-53DD6E493659.jpeg
4F1D0171-8FFE-46DF-BE93-1A1566420809.png

Showoff! :)

Some of you may remember the baby blue vert that was for sale in Edmonton 2 years ago. @sauterd was interested I think. There was only one crappy picture on Kijiji and very little info. @Tobias74 called the guy and go figure he was an older fella who just didn't know much about marketing the car and turned out to be a real sweetheart of a car. @Tobias74 has more horseshoes.... but he also works hard to find these gems and give them new homes. I am just glad I get to see these beauties in person..

Back