My 70 300 TNT Convertible

Have been working on the '70 for a few days. Installed a NOS points / condenser set (thanks @halifaxhops) and new Autolite AP-85 plugs. The plugs I pulled out were at least twenty-five years old and No. 5 was totally fouled.

In addition to the above, I also installed my newly restored headrests. They were redone by AMS Obsolete. They did a fantastic job; I think they are better than new. Here are a few photos:

View attachment 624544View attachment 624545View attachment 624547View attachment 624548

View attachment 624546

In addition to the tasks shown in this post, I also spent considerable effort to fix my leaking valve covers. You all may remember seeing my Wanted thread inquiring about replacement valve covers. After two failed attempts to fix the leaks using FelPro gaskets, I finally ordered the Tennessee Real Gaskets and a set of studs that replaced the stock 7/16 valve cover bolts. All is now sweetness and light - no more leaks. Home

In addition to the tasks shown in this post, I also spent considerable effort to fix my leaking valve covers. You all may remember seeing my Wanted thread inquiring about replacement valve covers. After two failed attempts to fix the leaks using FelPro gaskets, I finally ordered the Tennessee Real Gaskets and a set of studs that replaced the stock 7/16 valve cover bolts. All is now sweetness and light - no more leaks. Home
First I’d heard of them. Thank you for posting. @david hill and I will look into them as we’re redoing Buttercup

@Ripinator -- two questions:

1. Why did you order a set of studs to replace the stock 7/16 valve cover bolts? And what studs did you buy?

2. TRG has two different sets of valve cover gaskets. Did you order the ultimate silicone ones?

1706846141654.png

Back