My 70 300 TNT Convertible

RIP said AMS Obsolete which means Frank's old place.
SMS is obviously something completely different. I also presumed because RIP added "Obsolete " he was being specific, not a typo.

Isn't this a *****?!? Just received a photo from Washington County, MD celebrating our anniversary:

View attachment 624711

Thirty-eight in a twenty-five zone. . . Hell, this car idles faster than twenty-five.
I got one of those from Maryland a few years ago. My wife was visiting her son, who was near Baltimore at the time (now he's in Centreville) and had her younger son with her... He was driving...

No cameras that I know of around here, but go 250 miles downstate to NYC and they have them.

Crap, I was just in Maryland visiting and stopped by Rip‘s place this past weekend. How much over the speed limit do you have to go to trigger one of those things?

Crap, I was just in Maryland visiting and stopped by Rip‘s place this past weekend. How much over the speed limit do you have to go to trigger one of those things?

You don't strike me as the kind to speed even a little.

Nope, the one you linked to has cornering lights.

@straightjob -- would you post the fender tag of your gorgeous red 300 in this thread that acts a the registry of the 1970 C-body 'verts? I know of two red 300s that would fit your casr:

--> it could be CM27U0C102170 (the reason why I am guessing as much, is because the outside matches including the antenna and the lack or RHS mirror). If so, that car was once owned by @antonellomopar

--> or, more likely, it could be this T-code that was listed in AZ a few months ago.

@Ripinator -- glad you are enjoying the TNT. Happy (belated) anniversary!

Last edited:
Have been working on the '70 for a few days. Installed a NOS points / condenser set (thanks @halifaxhops) and new Autolite AP-85 plugs. The plugs I pulled out were at least twenty-five years old and No. 5 was totally fouled.

In addition to the above, I also installed my newly restored headrests. They were redone by AMS Obsolete. They did a fantastic job; I think they are better than new. Here are a few photos:

View attachment 624544View attachment 624545View attachment 624547View attachment 624548

View attachment 624546
Mine are different why??? Does anyone know ??

Nope, the one you linked to has cornering lights.

@straightjob -- would you post the fender tag of your gorgeous red 300 in this thread that acts a the registry of the 1970 C-body 'verts? I know of two red 300s that would fit your casr:

--> it could be CM27U0C102170 (the reason why I am guessing as much, is because the outside matches including the antenna and the lack or RHS mirror). If so, that car was once owned by @antonellomopar

--> or, more likely, it could be this T-code that was listed in AZ a few months ago.

@Ripinator -- glad you are enjoying the TNT. Happy (belated) anniversary!
Wow I’ll take a picture of the tag thanks

Mine are different why??? Does anyone know ??
I looked at this pic on your thread and those look like bench seat headrests to me.

1700965854648.png

1700965973634.png

The head rests look like the ones on the optional cloth and vinyl buckets, but those were not available in convertibles. My original interior had one larger one like that on the driver seat. I seem to remember some discussion here about having two different headrests on some early builds.

Back