My Home Town....

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
13903179_1177350982285701_1915062265627139343_n.jpg

1978 NYB, if you still have relatives/friends there I hope they were out of harms way. I have family down there myself, and a buddy of mine was down there this past weekend. Thankfully they were not near the riots.

The police kill a convict with a stolen gun that was loaded with 23 rounds and who refused to drop his weapon and the police are the bad guys?? It's not like all these police shootings are the killing of innocent civilians.
It really bugs me that the so-called victims of these officer involved shootings are viewed as "saints" afterwords and people feel the need to riot in the streets because the "cops are out to get them."

image.jpeg

Call me old fashioned but this country has changed A LOT since my childhood years in the early 1970s and much of the changes are NOT for the better. A lot of blatant disrespect exists these days and what's really alarming is that much of it is accepted as being ok! Where did it stem from? I recently watched a documentary that discussed how gangster rap music videos of the late 1980s started the glorification of killing police officers. Many police departments at that time took legal issue with those videos and CDs but nothing was done other than to attach a parental warning sticker to the VHS tapes and CDs. I don't understand why certain segments of our population have some weird satisfaction with cop hating and general hate for law and order. Without the police and law and order then society becomes a wild jungle. I'm glad I'm old now and that I grew up during a simpler, safer time. The advent of certain genre of music videos, mobile devices and the like have seemed to make easily widespread many serious society issues that are sending us down the drain and were simply not previously prevalent.

Not a racist... never owned anyone... not feeling guilty...

Where/when does it stop?

Instead of burning down your own world, change it...

Whilst I agree with if in the commission of a crime you get your *** killed. it's your fault train of thought, I do have a question.

copsthennow.jpg

Not a racist... never owned anyone... not feeling guilty...

Where/when does it stop?

Instead of burning down your own world, change it...
They obviously don't want to put in an intelligent, logical, legal effort that is required to influence changes to laws or practices that they feel are unfair. So instead they burn cities and go on shooting sprees and ***** and moan that society dealt them a bad hand. Pffffft! They must be ignorant or insane and I have no pity for their bull**** or for their antics of burning and shooting just because they don't want to go through the proper channels to try and change what they ***** about.

Well, in the movie The New Centurions, a veteran police officer told a rookie "don't think this badge is going to earn you respect around here (they were patrolling a crime ridden area of Los Angeles). Most of them would like to shove that badge up your a** and then brag that they did it".
So I suppose the sad change from seeing the police officer as a protective, law enforcing, respected member of the community has gone to completely disrespecting their public service. That, unfortunately, has gained a lot of momentum within certain elements of society.

Whilst I agree with if in the commission of a crime you get your *** killed. it's your fault train of thought, I do have a question.

copsthennow.jpg
I use to maintain the Cities website and when I started the police didn't have much so I asked for some pictures, all I got were pictures of there SWAT tanks, insertion training, and many more paramilitary type. I said I couldn't use them and wanted inviting pictures of interactions with the public and other friendly pictures. At first they didn't seam to get it, they are proud of that image. Now I'm seeing a couple all black marked units and the the traditional black and white, a letter to the Chief, Mayor and Council is in the works.

Alan

A couple of thoughts here... First, I don't understand the paramilitary image that the police are sending these days. When I was a kid, we were taught that the policeman (and fireman) were your friends and they would help you if you had a problem.

Somewhere that changed... I don't know if that is because of outside influence or they feel they need to present that image... The guys that I've known to that were cops never subscribed to that paramilitary stuff..

Then there's the coverage of the "protests" and riots. IMHO, this is just a small number of thugs that are taking the opportunity to behave this way. It's just a big party to them. The media laps it up and its coverage is all about them and paints the communities with a broad brush.

Just recently, there was a police shooting in Syracuse. Black "victim", white female officer, in the middle of a party in a subsidized housing area. She got the crap knocked out of her at the scene after the shooting. There was some grumbling, and a march on city hall, but when all was said and done, the locals came forward and supported the police officer and bore witness to what happened.... But of course, that wasn't really news...

The media loves this crap... It gets people to watch the news and read their excuse for a newspaper. It makes $$ by being able to sell advertising. So they stoke the fire.

In my central NJ township we have a police staff of 102, 20 black n white Ford and Chevy patrol cars, 3 police emergency large truck vehicles. The patrolmen wear the Adam 12 type of dark blue uniform but I don't see them wearing caps anymore. I've never seen them wearing SWAT uniforms or carrying military gear.

copsthennow.jpg
Attitude I see from police is they protect and serve up to the point where they hear the words that allow them to write a citation or make the arrest then they stop listening. Best lesson I learned from a police officer did not generate a dime for the borough non did it cost me or my parents anything. The cop caught me on a motorcycle at 14-15 years old, made me push that thing all the way home I can still hear that Caprice idling behind me. I think if he would have wrote the citation and or impounded the bike I would have learned nothing.

Last edited:
Well I think you now have some idea why I posted the "live anywhere" thread. If we get another post-racial President, (who has been the most divisive I can recall), expect more of this.

In both Baltimore and Fergeson, juries/courts cleared the officers of wrongdoing (well after politicans declared the officers guilty). When the officers were cleared, did the cities get apologies for the rush to judgement?

Nope, they got Federal oversight after the DoJ helped the Pres "save face".

Last edited:
Back