My new old Jet Age 300

View attachment 464033 View attachment 464035 Sorry for this re-post. This site is weird...in certain areas of the forum there aren't file size limits. But here, there is, so I lost my pics. Anyway here goes nothing (again).

The car is a one-owner car, with original paint, vinyl, interior and running gear. What's cool is the original dealer sticker is still there. The car was sold in 1967 in the same town that I bought it in a month ago (May 2021). It has 37,816 miles on the clock.

I love this car. When that 200 pound door shuts, there is no "woke" politics, no hybrid bullshit, and we are on our way to the Moon. The car reminds me of my father, Hot Wheels, the smell of Sea and Ski on the way to the beach, and when horsepower was more important than mileage.

I totally agree. not to put to fine a point on it -- those were the days. You could even half way trust politicians. (sorry for being political I know the powers that be have made that "Incorrect".

The 300 went through an unusual metamorphosis. From 1955 -- through about 1963 it was true to Bob Rodgers original concept which was a super high performance American car. The problem with this was twofold. 1) The car was way to expensive. Imperials were slightly more but not much. 2) The cars needed a lot of attention. Most American drivers were used to putting in the key and driving. Around 1964 The letter series and the Sport series melded into a fine high performance street machine. And that, my lucky friend, is what you have. Even with the stock 383 this moved. Add the new 440 with "Twin Snorkels and Twin Exhaust ( how 60's) and a decent rear end and this was every bit as fast as a letter Series without the fuss. Enjoy your ride.

I totally agree. not to put to fine a point on it -- those were the days. You could even half way trust politicians. (sorry for being political I know the powers that be have made that "Incorrect".

The 300 went through an unusual metamorphosis. From 1955 -- through about 1963 it was true to Bob Rodgers original concept which was a super high performance American car. The problem with this was twofold. 1) The car was way to expensive. Imperials were slightly more but not much. 2) The cars needed a lot of attention. Most American drivers were used to putting in the key and driving. Around 1964 The letter series and the Sport series melded into a fine high performance street machine. And that, my lucky friend, is what you have. Even with the stock 383 this moved. Add the new 440 with "Twin Snorkels and Twin Exhaust ( how 60's) and a decent rear end and this was every bit as fast as a letter Series without the fuss. Enjoy your ride.
I love learning about the design/designers of this era. Elwood Engel departed from the Virgil Exner "Rocket ship" look and embarked on a path of horizontality and sleekness, that embodies so much of that era in terms of industrial design. I wonder if the C-bodies will eventually enjoy their day in the sun. And yes, my car has the 383, which is plenty fast (in a straight line) for me. I'm not super -concerned about mileage, but my 1966 300 gets the same mileage as my 2001 Toyota Tundra. I really didn't want the 440 engine car, because here in lame-*** California, 91 is the highest octane you can buy, and octane boosters do absolutely nothing.

That is a beautiful survivor. You did well.
Hey thanks , man. I appreciate that.
I really don't know anything about these cars, except that I like the way they look, and what they represent. My dad usually had import cars. Vw's, Jaguar, Triumph,BMW... so that's what I grew up with. They're nice, but there's no "glory."

Back