My New Preferred Whitewalls for C Bodies

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any new feed back on the Nexen tires? I haven't purchased a set yet, do to my tire guy is swamped with winter tire biz from Nov till Xmas. Then he will be happy to see me and my odd requests again.

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of the double and triple stripe tires. White, red, gold, and I think they had blue as well.

Here is an image of what the original equipment tires on our C bodies looked like in the 1970 - 71 timeframe (this image is showing the tires on a Lincoln Continental wheel from that period).

aa412e5e-56bb-4835-905a-d1e03d1ff3b8-jpeg.jpg

Mike66Chryslers

Reaction score
Here is an image of what the original equipment tires on our C bodies looked like in the 1970 - 71 timeframe (this image is showing the tires on a Lincoln Continental wheel from that period).

View attachment 502329
Just a minor nit, but that is an Oldsmobile wheel cover, not Lincoln. Our 1978 Olds Delta 88 has those exact wheel covers. :)

rv2

Reaction score
Any new feed back on the Nexen tires? I haven't purchased a set yet, do to my tire guy is swamped with winter tire biz from Nov till Xmas. Then he will be happy to see me and my odd requests again.
I just put a full set on my Polara, but I haven't put miles on them to give an honest description.

i_taz

Reaction score
Anybody familar with these guys...???

Jim 68cuda

Reaction score
Anybody familar with these guys...???

I have the Diamondback III redline tires (BF Goodrich T/A Radials) on a couple Barracudas and my Charger and Dart. They are also available with white walls, wide whites, gold stripe and blue stripe. The Diamondback II tires are available with the same sidewall options on the Silvertown Radials. They have several other tires for various applications with the same sidewall options for larger diameter rims with low profile tires. I like the Diamondback tires much better than the Coker red line radials I have on a couple other cars. Here's a picture of one of my Barracudas with the Diamondback III red lines.
barracuda vert.jpg

Joerg

Reaction score

View attachment 502329

Well, something like this double-stripe-design design was available at least in the beginning of the seventies - see the 1972 and 1973 ad from the brochure below.
The inner stripe was wider than the outher stripe - i think that Diamondback still offers those WW-tires as "Jubilee" (for Cadillacs and Lincolns) at a not-so-reasonable price.
Still, i would love to have those on my Imperial, when it will be ready.

Are there any others who offer a double striped whitewall?

1972 Imperial LeBaron ad double striped whitewalls.jpg

Steel-beltedTires 1973 Imperial.jpg