My Second Spring Fling! Who's going?

MBar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been on the fence about it but I have decided that I am going. Was hoping to talk a couple of friends into driving a couple of my cars so I could take my three CBodies but... and, CBody lovers seem to be few and far between. I had a nice time and I don't care for glory so I am going to roll in my 1972 Fury Sedan double-pickle... she's not a showcar but I love her because I saved her from either the junkyard or the derby... It's funny...when I take a CBody to any show, nobody seems to care. But when I am driving doing errands, we get lots of comments and thumbs up!.... so anyhow, I met maybe one or two guys off the forum last time and I am wondering who is going and what are ya bringin'? Also, I think I am just doing Saturday. Is there a compelling reason to go Sunday also? To me it's a hotel night and giving up a precious Sunday...

I'll be there with my 67 Barracuda (look for the twin copper fastbacks)

There are three groups of people, Saturday only, Sunday only, and both days.
Saturday is first come first serve with the swap.
Saturday has no judging so you may not see some of the real nice cars but may see some cars that the owned might not being judged like projects and not so nice cars and daily drivers.
Sunday is about judging.

I go both days as I like to see different cars and talk with different people about my cars.

Alan

Wagons ho. I'll be in the swap meet section.

DSC02213.jpg

I'll be there under a white pop-up schlepping factory sales literature, owners manuals, etc. See you there Alan!

Wagons?! Oh man! I am now thinking of taking my 72 Custom Suburban.... she has a stinky smell I can't solve so the drive would not be as nice but she loves to cruise.

wagon1.jpg

wagon2.jpg

Wagons?! Oh man! I am now thinking of taking my 72 Custom Suburban.... she has a stinky smell I can't solve so the drive would not be as nice but she loves to cruise.

rent an ozone generator and leave it in there for a couple of days ( windows up) ive had good luck de-stinking with em

rent an ozone generator and leave it in there for a couple of days ( windows up) ive had good luck de-stinking with em
Thanks for the tip....the stink I speak of is some sort of exhaust smell... I had the carb rebuilt, I know my rear-most passenger-side exhaust stud is broken but all others are tight, I have read about exhaust coming in from the tailgate but I don't think that is the trouble... because I had the carb professionally rebuilt, I havent messed with the idle mixture and I haven't had the time to check the errrrr...timing.. So if she makes it to Woodley Park maybe I can get more eyes on it...all the more reason to take the wagon...if I had another driver (plus 35 bucks for the fee, plus 75 bucks in gas), I would take the matching set...

IMG_20220102_162716543_HDR.jpg

Strictly buying parts this time around. Jumbo will sit this one out. I heard freakin rain Thursday or Friday. Hopefully we don’t get a repeat of the last Fall Fling...

This Fall Fling is Saturday only (October 22) and is a shine and show event only plus swap meet. There is no Sunday event so no judging this time around for some reason. I am not sure why the change this year.

Thanks for the tip....the stink I speak of is some sort of exhaust smell... I had the carb rebuilt, I know my rear-most passenger-side exhaust stud is broken but all others are tight, I have read about exhaust coming in from the tailgate but I don't think that is the trouble... because I had the carb professionally rebuilt, I havent messed with the idle mixture and I haven't had the time to check the errrrr...timing.. So if she makes it to Woodley Park maybe I can get more eyes on it...all the more reason to take the wagon...if I had another driver (plus 35 bucks for the fee, plus 75 bucks in gas), I would take the matching set...

View attachment 526996
On C body wagons, the exhaust smell is standard equipment no matter how well your car is tuned. It seems to come in through the tailgate especially with the rear window down or partly open. If you have the exhaust smell with the tailgate window up, you probably have some leaking seals around the tailgate.

This Fall Fling is Saturday only (October 22) and is a shine and show event only plus swap meet. There is no Sunday event so no judging this time around for some reason. I am not sure why the change this year.
This has always been the format for the Fall Fling

Alan

Back