Name that car!

Breaker1

Reaction score
Hay guys. Just out of curiosity, how many of you name your cars/trucks? Some think it's weird, some like it. I have a '70 Monaco that the original owner named Mona. He has since passed and out of respect for him, I still refer to it as Mona. However, I think this car is way to macho for a girl's name, yet it has a sense of elegance. Kind of like a professional fighter in a tux.
So, I thought it would be a fun thread to share your car and it's name, and the meaning behind the name. And of course, pictures would be awesome. Also please feel free to share your thoughts & opinions on naming our cars. Thanks to all who care to share. Enjoy!

Hay guys. Just out of curiosity, how many of you name your cars/trucks? Some think it's weird, some like it. I have a '70 Monaco that the original owner named Mona. He has since passed and out of respect for him, I still refer to it as Mona. However, I think this car is way to macho for a girl's name, yet it has a sense of elegance. Kind of like a professional fighter in a tux.
So, I thought it would be a fun thread to share your car and it's name, and the meaning behind the name. And of course, pictures would be awesome. Also please feel free to share your thoughts & opinions on naming our cars. Thanks to all who care to share. Enjoy!
All named.

In high school it was called The Purple People Eater. Could easily eat 6-8 people.

Now that it is living the life of Luxury, it is just the Polara.

E104D970-AFFB-41F0-BC98-DA940411A53C.jpeg

Let's see. I call one the Cougar, call one the Mustang, call one the F100, call one the Big Merc, and call the last one the Dodge. Simple...

Typically no, the first Polara I got was named "Monte" but that was after I got the CHP car and had to distinguish between the two.
Now the CHP car has become 4948 to clarify which Polara I was talking about, keep in mind my friend has two CHP 69 Polaras

The 500 is just the 500, as the Barracuda is just the Barracuda

Alan

I don't name my cars, that's why it's weird for me to call the Monaco Mona. The only vehicle I've ever named is my power wagon, I call it Ol' Blue, it's just easier to say.. oh, and get this... it's blue!

My wife named the Chrysler Betty White because she is old, classy, and white. We haven't named the Imperial but secretly I call it Cajones Azul because it just sits there teasing me. It will be road worthy soon though so that name will go away. Hah!

20210423_192644.jpg

20210503_120118.jpg

Nice! I'd love to see with the factory tires. Please share a pic. Good luck with that project.

Back when I had this one, I called it The Great Pumpkin.
A small story of it is here:
GT No 3#

But now, with 2 kids that are minimally invested in my hobby, my current cars are named 'the white one', 'the black one', and 'the red one'.

1650655743468.png

My 77 Copper NYB is Named "Ginger" because of her color referenced by the Gillian Island character Ginger. My White 75 NYB was named "Deirdre" after my wife's alter Ego. Long story, lol..

Ginger.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

Only three cars I've owned actually got a name. My '54 Hudson Super Jet was named "Bennie". My '69 D300 is the "Road Pig". And the 1954 Willys CJ-3B my Dad owned back in the '70s was "Kidney Killler". Other than those three, the other 800 or so vehicles I've owned since 1972 have had their factory names/emblems as given.

Back