Need an opinion on these parts...

dude69300

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I have a chance to buy these suspension parts for my '69 300, this guy has had them for a long time, since I bought my car in 1990 I've known about them. My car doesn't need them now, but trying to think ahead for a change. Parts are made in the US, the paper instruction sheet in the box has a code of '81, supposing that is when they were made. What do you guys think they're worth?

Worth about what those items sell for at RockAuto.
X2, they are not even MOPAR NOS. I'd be concerned about the 35+ year old rubber. I went with PST for front end parts when I rebuilt mine. Unless of course you just want to display them with the box and all as a collectable.

Wasn't sure what to offer being made in the states and all, figured that all are made in China now. I heard yrs ago ( not sure if it's true) that either upper or the lower ball joint was either hard to find or expensive

I see absolutely no reason not use them.
The rubber isn't deteriorated from ozone and UV.
Probably comparable to today's Chinese Moog.

Thanks for the replys, maybe I'll get out my "formal pricing guide" and give him an offer. Lol :D

Rubber isn't like fine wine.... It doesn't get better with age.

I'd consider the control arm bushings as junk... I don't care how it feels or looks. It wouldn't make sense to use them on the hope that they wouldn't tear up after a few months.

The other stuff is still very usable. All the rubber boots do is contain grease and keep crap out, so even if they failed, it wouldn't be the end of the earth. If they are still soft, I'd consider using them.

They aren't anything special though... I think Jamco "Magic Power" was a supplier of lower cost components. I can't find any history on them, although there is a Hot Rod suspension supplier of questionable quality that uses the same name.

I was thinking around $80 myself, I'd like to get them for $50 but I'm sure that it would be taken as an insult, he's that kind of guy. Even if I tossed out the control arm bushings as Big John mentioned it's still not a bad price I guess
Offer $50.00 and either buy them or leave them.

Back