Need help identifying these brackets

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
well after over a year of being apart I have 4 brackets or guides or tracks that I can't identify
They go in the interior somewhere in my Polara convertible but I have no photos to reference....

Can anyone help a c body brother out?:lol:

The longer brackets mount over the pinch weld on the interior quarter panel. They hold the top of the interior quarter trim panel in place.(inside the rear side glass)

I think the shorter ones mount at the bottom almost to the fkoor to secure the bottom of the panel and the sill trim extension.

I can get pics later if need be, my parts convertible is a little buried in my warehouse.

Hope the input helps.

John

The longer brackets mount over the pinch weld on the interior quarter panel. They hold the top of the interior quarter trim panel in place.(inside the rear side glass)

I think the shorter ones mount at the bottom almost to the fkoor to secure the bottom of the panel and the sill trim extension.

I can get pics later if need be, my parts convertible is a little buried in my warehouse.

Hope the input helps.

John
Thanks I would appreciate this very much!

at least for the one bracket. the smaller one is still a bit of a mystery.

I have some pics but I'm on my way to a cruise in.

I'll post them later tonight.

Stay tuned.

John

Here's your pics.

The longer bracket on the passenger's side:
IMG_1630.JPG

The shorter bracket goes below almost to the floor:
IMG_1633.JPG

There's not much left of this car, so this pic probably isn't very helpful. But the dark marks in front of the top cylinder are the holes for the shorter bracket.

But, this is a pic of the same type of bracket from the passenger's side of my 4DSD:
20150703_172044.jpg

The bottom edge of the quarter trim comes down to the bottom edge of the bracket behind the two vertical screws. Then the sill trim extension mounts where the screws are.

And here is the driver's side with all trim installed:
20150703_182639.jpg

Obviously the convertible parts are shaped differently, but the overall idea is identical.

And no, my hobby does not interfere with my business:
IMG_1635.JPG

Hope the pics help.

John

They did. Thanks very much! I got the top ones figured out but didn't get the bottom one's installed yet.
Thanks for your efforts here!
I appreciate the help.

Back