Needing a brake booster

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
My.brake booster on my '66 Imperial went south today, it's hissing like mad when I apply the brakes, so it's gonna need rebuilt or replaced. Anyone have a good source to either have mine rebuilt, or a source for a new or rebuilt unit?

I'm also considering considering a dual-circuit master cylinder, long as things are apart. You guys with '64-'66 Imperials that have done this improvement, what have you used???

The dual circuit master cylinder for a 67 Imperial will likely be a bolt in - all you will need to to do is get the correct metering block (available on eBay - look under C body dual reservoir master cylinder upgrade) and do some new brake line plumbing from the new master to the metering block. Booster Dewey is the #1 source for rebuilt boosters of quality - Google him.

For the booster rebuild check the Imperial mailing list for vendors. I converted both my '66 Imps to Dual Master Cylinder. I got a rebuilt M/C for a 1967 Chrysler with drum brakes. Other than fittings you need a junction block from a '67 and up with drum brakes. I got a used block from a '67 Newport. It is a good time to replace All lines ,shoes wheel cylinders Etc. I did all this over sixteen years ago and never any had problems
Imperially , Gary

I have had 2 going on 3 brake boosters rebuilt for 72-73 Imperials in a years span...I'm away from computer...I will check my resource before sundown.

here's where I have gone for booster rebuilds.
20180827_101431.jpg

Back