Not open for further replies.

march

Reaction score
Contact seller
This tends to remind me of the 1970's. Now for sale in Jacksonville, FL:
2.jpg

New Chrysler 300 Looks To Have Mismatched Headlights, Missing Trim

New Jeep Ram Trucks for sale Jacksonville Jeep Dealer near me

That that 300 is on the lot, as it sits, is as much the dealer's fault as it is the manufacturer's. Those things should be documented and addressed in the dealership's PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION, at the very least. An operation they get paid to do, by the manufacturer.

These things should also be noted when the vehicle goes through FINAL INSPECTION at the end of the assembly line, too. Where the vehicle would be pulled off-line into a holding "repair area" for mechanical issues (which were discovered) are fixed BEFORE the vehicle leaves the building. Additionally, where part shortages resulted in incorrect, missing equipemt, the OEM will usually ship them to the dealer soon thereafter, for installation, for which they ALSO get paid to do under warranty. Which is where the dealership parts & service operations have to work together -- notification by the sales manager of the incoming parts and the service and parts managers to notify their people of the situation, too.

It's easy to blame the manufacturer, but the dealer should also share any blame for that car getting to the sales area, incomplete/incorrectly built. From the dealer principle, operations manager, service manager, and down to the PDI operatives who check-in and inspect the vehicles when they come off of the transport truck. PERIOD! The dealership people might want to pass it off as "No big deal", but as it negatively reflects on themselves and the Corporation they represent (dealership and franchise grantor), it can be as much of a "Big Deal" as a few negative customer satisfaction surveys from actual customers to the OEM for their vehicle's condition when delivered, the buying experience, and later warranty service.

Certainly, some glitches did exist back in the '70s and such. I remember seeing a new '74 Dodge Aspen coupe on the new car lot, with an "Aspen" logoed quarter window on the lh side and a "Volare" logoed quarter window on the other side. Probalby waiting for the customer to ask for it to be replaced, AFTER the sale. Rather than the dealer holding it aside for the factory rep to inspect and verify before the car was offered for sale? Of course, once the dealer receives the MSO, that vehicle is "ready for sale" as soon as possible . . . which nothing should interfere with, they claim.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I can recall an '85 Plymouth Horizon with an Omni badge on the right side of the dash pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back