New guy here...just purchased a 1967 2 door New Yorker

A well done work and welcome to the 67 New Yorker 2 door club.
Regards from Bavaria

IMG_2667.JPG

Ive made some progress on the New Yorker. All of the door jambs, trunk and under the hood are sprayed the color that it will be. I had to get some cheapo seat covers because the previous owner decided that Harbor Freight moving blankets were appropriate for that job. They aren't the best but they sure do beat the ripped and shredded factory seats. I took out the 2 inch lowering blocks and replaced them with 3 inch ones and it sits perfect for me. Next on the list are new shocks and an alignment. It is going to my friend's garage this weekend to get a new front seal on the tranny, brakes gone over and a tune up. It will be getting a nice coat of paint this winter along with a underhood detail/paint job.

2015-09-07%2019.21.28_zpsxcvglp7c.jpg

2015-09-05%2019.26.45_zps8tybrknd.jpg

2015-09-05%2017.00.21_zpscswu3p6h.jpg

2015-09-05%2017.00.29_zpsrskw8rig.jpg

I also photoshopped a set of Cragar 69 Deluxe rims onto it to see how I like the look of them.

newyorkerwheels_zpsgjuca43n.jpg

I was also bored so I photoshopped it to see how it will look when it is eventually on air ride.

newyorkerwheelslow_zpsd3qcpfrg.jpg
I wouldve clear coated it. It gives the car more character that way but totally up to you.

Good job :steering: I really like this picture as the "67 NYer is quickly becoming one of my favorite C-bodies.
image.jpeg2.jpeg

Last edited:
Getting closer and closer. Tonight we got the new intake gasket on, carb adapter and carb mounted, valve covers mounted and the shift linkage buttoned up.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hello everyone, I just picked up this 67 yesterday and it is my first driveable old car. We looked at it Thursday and drove it an hour and 15 minutes home with zero problems yesterday. Let it sit over night and the rear driver's side tire was sitting on the rim, the tranny is leaking from the pan gasket and the radiator overflow tank is leaking. Other than that, it is really really solid with one little dent in the passenger door. It has new exhaust, new brakes, new gas tank and all new hoses in the engine bay. All of the lights, knobs, vents and radio work. It needs a little tlc and paint. It has a 361 in it which Im not sure if its original or not, but it runs and is extremely quiet so no worries if it isnt original. I cant wait to get it cleaned up and just drive it. I also need to figure out seat covers because who ever had it before this past owner decided to make them out of Harbor Freight moving blankets which works for now but in the future I want the interior to be as nice as possible.

2015-08-06%2011.53.48-1_zpsywcsofrx.jpg

2015-08-06%2011.54.05-1_zpsugvybipt.jpg
Awesome car Jaysix. Here's pic of my 1967 New Yorker fastroof. Spice Gold with black top and interior.

goldie2.png

Son of a *****. It slipped off of a jack today in the process of putting jackstands under it and destroyed my front pulley and radiator, along with the stainless piece that runs under the passengerside door. Anyone have a front pulley that will fit on a 1977 440 and possibly that stainless piece? Im beyond frustrated.

We really need a "thumbs down" or "very much dislike" reaction for this very purpose. That sucks, man.

I have a pulley that looks very like that one but without the deformities........... does the stamped p/n end with "82"?

Back