New member from Austria, '73 Imperial

Nibiru

Reaction score
Hello, Folks! Name's Mike, I'm from Austria/Europe. American car nut since day one. :usflag: I just love about all of them. So much so that I own GMs, Fords & Mopars at the same time. Unfortunately I was yet unable to aquire my #1 dream car on my wanted list, a '70 AMC Rebel Machine. So I've decided to go further down to what has also been on my wanted list for years, a '72 Imperial 2dr. Found one that had been completely restored for sale online, a couple of years ago but I've waited too long and it was gone. Just recently, a 73' 4dr popped up for sale in the Netherlands. TX9 Formal Black paint with green interior. It looked decent and so I've decided that a '73 4dr is just as great. Didn't want to wait this time so I bought it site unseen. It has been delivered last week. So, I'm now the very proud owner of a '73 Imperial LeBaron 4dr :) It is an actual export car, built for the european market and has a KPH tach. The car was used as a VIP car for a Belgian ocean carrier & to my understanding they chaufferred VIPs from the ship to the hotel or something. Then it was garaged for a very long time until the 2nd owner bought it a year ago, he actually wanted to build a Ratrod :realcrazy: out of it but then realized that it was too nice to do so. He also converted it to run on Autogas, which is obviously a big thing in the Netherlands, but not in Austria, so I may remove it. There's a couple of other things to be done in order to get it registered. My plan is to get it back on the streets by the end of spring and then gradually restore it to it's former glory.

PC010625_Fotor.jpg
PC010626.JPG
PC010628_Fotor.jpg
PC010629_Fotor.jpg
IMG_5177.jpg
IMG_5179.jpg

Last edited:
Hi from Chlton, Wi great looking car and your garage isn't shabby either

Autogas - compressed natural gas? Yes, it seems that it was becoming popular in the Netherlands at the start of this year to convert to natural gas, but I wonder how that's working out so far this year?

Very impressive car. I can't imagine what it needs for restoration.

Welcome - from London Ontario.

Autogas - compressed natural gas? Yes, it seems that it was becoming popular in the Netherlands at the start of this year to convert to natural gas, but I wonder how that's working out so far this year?

Very impressive car. I can't imagine what it needs for restoration.

Welcome - from London Ontario.
No Sir, it's Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG). I can switch between regular gas and LPG. Most likely I won't get the approval to use that in Austria and maybe I wouldn't anyway. So converting it back is one step. Then I'd have to change some of the lighting to meet regulations here. Regarding restoration, it has a couple of rust spots, the paint is not the best anymore and I'll probably fully repaint it since it's not the original paint anyway. Electric windows need some work, doors need adjustment, AC is not working, so is the rear heater, couple of other things, nothing that can't be done :)

Hello, Folks! Name's Mike, I'm from Austria/Europe. American car nut since day one. :usflag: I just love about all of them. So much so that I own GMs, Fords & Mopars at the same time. Unfortunately I was yet unable to aquire my #1 dream car on my wanted list, a '70 AMC Rebel Machine. So I've decided to go further down to what has also been on my wanted list for years, a '72 Imperial 2dr. Found one that had been completely restored for sale online, a couple of years ago but I've waited too long and it was gone. Just recently, a 73' 4dr popped up for sale in the Netherlands. It looked decent and so I've decided that a '73 4dr is just as great. Didn't want to wait this time so I bought it site unseen. It has been delivered last week. So, I'm now the very proud owner of a '73 Imperial LeBaron 4dr :) It is an actual export car, built for the european market and has a KPH tach. It had been green initially with green interior but the 1st owner painted it black. It still has that same paint on it. They did this as the car was used as a VIP car for a Belgian ocean carrier & to my understanding they chaufferred VIPs from the ship to the hotel or something. Then it was garaged for a very long time until the 2nd owner bought it a year ago, he actually wanted to build a Ratrod :realcrazy: out of it but then realized that it was too nice to do so. He also converted it to run on Autogas, which is obviously a big thing in the Netherlands, but not in Austria, so I may remove it. There's a couple of other things to be done in order to get it registered. My plan is to get it back on the streets by the end of spring and then gradually restore it to it's former glory.

View attachment 570258View attachment 570259View attachment 570260View attachment 570261View attachment 570262View attachment 570263
Welcome Mike. It’s a beautiful car. I have a 73 Imperial as well and this huge car really is a head turner. Just keep us updated.

Hi there again from Vienna/Austria!
Maybe our cars have been siblings when new, at least regarding the color?
Mine is Amber Sherwood metallic and has been getting a second layer many years ago, but it seems to be ok for now.

The crocodile ... dirty and on the way for replacing the cracked windshield
IMG20221102142854.jpg

kph-sticker for the dash...
IMG20220814174858~2.jpg

BR, Joerg from Vienna

Very nice Imperial, I am currently the care giver of two black 73 Imperials. Welcome to the site.

IMG_2571.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

Very nice Imperial, I am currently the care giver of two black 73 Imperials. Welcome to the site.

View attachment 570850

View attachment 570851
Saw your videos of those beauties on YT before registering here. I was kind of envious I must say, before I had mine that was, haha. It appears to me that there a bit more '73s out there than '72s, or is it just a feeling ? Just a funny thought, if one of yours and mine came off the assembly line right after another...

Saw your videos of those beauties on YT before registering here. I was kind of envious I must say, before I had mine that was, haha. It appears to me that there a bit more '73s out there than '72s, or is it just a feeling ? Just a funny thought, if one of yours and mine came off the assembly line right after another...
Tux's birthday is May 24 and TB is a late 72 build. I will have to confirm.

Welcome @Nibiru — there are many German and some Austrian members on the site. Any chance you might post the fender tag?

Back