New to the site!!! Just bought a 72 fury III

Status
Not open for further replies.
NICE Fury .......... A very worthy project that you can enjoy while upgrading. I like the white interior.
Try being specific about needed stuff for it. Someone here will have, or know of, what you need.

Ok...so I have a problem....I decided to put new points in the fury.... coil...plugs...wires...cap...rotor all done already and no problems for at least a week....then yesterday I decided to change points and condenser just to have new stuff....old points kinda worn...NOW THE DAMN CAR LOADS UP...RUNS LIKE CRAP...WONT IDLE...ECT...I have to keep about half throttle to keep her running. tons of black smoke.... I am totally baffled why it wont run at least half way decent. All ignition parts are from NAPA. I set the points to .017 on the high part of the cam lobe. Also is there a way to set the dwell and how to you accurately check the dwell. I see no adjustment can me made like on a chevy with the little window in the cap.....HELP HELP HELP. totally confused........thanks

It's better to have the gap too narrow than too wide!!! If you changed wires make sure the firing order is correct and rotation is correct! 18436572. Wrong direction will ruin your day! Make sure you didn't unplug your PCV valve from the back of the carb, that will cause you to rip your hair out too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back