1. Georges77

Georges77 New Member

Thanks Mr. C!

'73 Lebaron- Thanks! Downtown and the lake are definitely a beautiful place to be. Glad you enjoyed our city, I'm about 15 or so minutes South/Southwest of downtown. Means a lot coming from someone living in such a beautiful place like NZ. I'd love to visit sometime.

Javier- Thanks!

Nothing wildly exciting for now, but stuff that just needs to be done. Belts and Hoses tomorrow is the plan. Plugs and wires if I have time as well. New front rotors, pads, and wheel bearings sometime this upcoming week, I'll take a good look at the soft lines then too, and might end up just doing them for peace of mind. I'm having my friend sandblast and paint my new air cleaner assembly, and when that's back, I'll drop the new distributor/box in and ditch the lean burn. Rear diff service, and a trans service are on the menu soon as well. Just making sure its up to speed for a nice long trip when I have the time. I'll probably short change the oil a few times as, like I had previously mentioned, it doesn't seem to have been changed in the last decade.

When it gets a bit warmer, I'll use the machine and evacuate and pull a vacuum on the AC system to check for leakage. Compressor runs and it gets cold, but hasn't really been warm enough to tell how well its working yet. We had snow flurries today :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I can finally move the car into its permanent spot. A nice heated and cooled, enclosed, former parking garage that a good family friends husband uses for his own cars. He graciously made the offer to let me use it, and I couldn't say no. Best part is, it's about a 7 minute drive from the house, and frees up my garage. It's a small (maybe 25 spaces?) space, and he uses about 12 or so of those, so I'll have my own corner to play with. Definitely excited!

George

• Like Like x 4
  2. Georges77

Georges77 New Member

Well ended up not moving the car to the garage today, got a bit sidetracked and ended up doing Plugs/Wires, Belts/Hoses, and flushing the radiator, and core, and block, as best as I could.

Now my plug wires were supposed to be a burnt orange color similar to the stock ones per the eBay ad. They're bright red lol. Oh well, they promised to send out the correct ones, not that it's a huge difference to me anyway, and I just decided to throw these on, since they said to keep them. Might swap when I replace the distributor.

[​IMG]

Those 2 rear plugs on the drivers side were a bit of a PITA otherwise went smoothly. Plugs looked nice and tan. Champions, have no reason to think they've ever been replaced. Obviously stuck with Champion replacements.

wI4D9yD.jpg

Hoses were absolutely shot. Found out I had a coolant heater. Saved it and put it in the box of stuff I keep, but have no idea why. Lower hose was beginning to split, and the heater Hoses had some nasty swelling at the core, all on borrowed time.

[​IMG]

Belts came apart in my hands when wrangling them around the fan. All in all a productive day. Everything works, and the heat is spicy hot.

Finished with a wash, just because I had a product I wanted to try out. Turtle Wax has a "Hybrid Ceramic Wash" and it was on clearance. Suds are really lacking and the mix ratio is ridiculously high, but it does leave a nice finish, and sheets off water well. I'd say a 6/10, works, but needs work.

[​IMG]

George

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  3. Mr C

Mr C Senior Member

I can't get over the condition of this car...looks like the cars you could find on a used car lot in 1980.

Thanks for all the pics! My experience with Lean Burn either it worked or it didn't little to no in between. Looks like you have a "good one". I'd run the LB til it goes, it can deliver good mpg in the C bodies.

4. Georges77

Georges77 New Member

Thanks! I appreciate it

I agree about the LB. Seems to work fine, so it's definitely not a huge rush to convert it over for now.

5. live4theking

live4theking Old Man with a Hat

That's a sharp ride you've got there.

6. jason99

jason99 Well-Known Member

Can't believe I missed this thread earlier, great looking ride.