Newbie from ND/TX -- 1968 Fury III Fast Top

Welcome cld. There is a shop in Leander called Big Damn Scooters. (don't let the name fool you) That's where my Monaco is at. They will work on your car for around $55 per hour or you can work on it yourself there. You can always call and speak to Ray...he's hard of hearing but a great guy with lots of great stories. I think one of guys working on his truck would be interested in the D100. Anyway, just wanted to offer that up to you.
Your description immediately made me think of Darnell.

You mentioned possibly doing some exhaust work. I have TTI's 2.5" dual system with cross over on the Monaco. Bolts right up to the factory HP manifold and comes with nice factory looking turn down tips. Just give them the manifold casting #s and they will send you the kit.
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/PDF/MfdCastingNos.pdf

Thanks, I am 90% certain I will do TTI 2.5" with H pipe and Ultraflows. I know some folks here disapprove of loud C bodies but: A. I grew up with burned-out glasspacks, so even the Ultraflows will be quieter; B. this is a meaner, more muscle car looking C body anyway; and C. I like loud, and so do my kids.

They are building a new hospital on Ft Hood. Not sure what they will be doing with the old Darnall Hospital. How do you know of Darnall, if I may ask?
I meant Darnell's garage from the movie Christine.

It is a small world. I live in Northern ND, North of Minot near the Canadian border. My 65 Chrysler came from Lemmon SD. It was originally from SW Colorado, but had been in Lemmon since the early 90's. I don't know if you would recognize the car, but here is a pic taken just after we got it home. Don't pay no mind to those Pontiac fake wire wheels :BangHead:. 070-001.jpg

070-001.jpg

It is a small world. I live in Northern ND, North of Minot near the Canadian border. My 65 Chrysler came from Lemmon SD. It was originally from SW Colorado, but had been in Lemmon since the early 90's. I don't know if you would recognize the car, but here is a pic taken just after we got it home. Don't pay no mind to those Pontiac fake wire wheels :BangHead:.View attachment 22856

Very nice! Was that car previously white or silver? I remember there was a light colored slab Chrysler owned by a guy who also had a lifted Dodge 440-equipped pickup named Thunderbolt. Did you get it from him, initals D.R.?

Very nice! Was that car previously white or silver? I remember there was a light colored slab Chrysler owned by a guy who also had a lifted Dodge 440-equipped pickup named Thunderbolt. Did you get it from him, initals D.R.?

No, it has always been spanish red. The guy I got it from was in his 70's and lived out near the golf course on airport road. He only drove it a couple times a year most of the time. Once a year to the black hills and once a year to Dickinson and Medora.

The guy I got it from was in his 70's and lived out near the golf course on airport road. He only drove it a couple times a year most of the time.
That description just about covers 95% of Florida geographically.

Welcome cld. There is a shop in Leander called Big Damn Scooters. (don't let the name fool you) That's where my Monaco is at. They will work on your car for around $55 per hour or you can work on it yourself there. You can always call and speak to Ray...he's hard of hearing but a great guy with lots of great stories. I think one of guys working on his truck would be interested in the D100. Anyway, just wanted to offer that up to you.

Marian--
I was doing some work in Leander this morning and stopped by what was supposed to be this Big Dam Scooters place (on old 2243) and it's a diesel shop now, no Monacos or other classics! The diesel guys didn't know he might be now. What happened? Do you know where your car is???

All of those Furys are sweet! From the newest of the noobs, welcome! I love your black Fury. I know all about wide open spaces myself, enjoying some good clean air and open range out here in Arizona myself! Be sure to keep us updated on your Fury, she's a sweet ride!

Marian--
I was doing some work in Leander this morning and stopped by what was supposed to be this Big Dam Scooters place (on old 2243) and it's a diesel shop now, no Monacos or other classics! The diesel guys didn't know he might be now. What happened? Do you know where your car is???

LOL, yes I know where she is. They moved shops...wished you would have called them first. I believe the address is 200 s. bagdad. Call Ray for exact address.

Back