Newer model seats in polara

Darren rogers

Reaction score
I know it isn't ideal but my seats are shot and can't afford to redone them right now . What newer model bucket seats would fit nice and look good unless somebody has a nice set of white or black buckets and rear seat .

I have a 67 2door. Polara. Black and White interior. Was wondering about 90-2000 style cars. That would work till I can get others redone

Pics

30934.jpeg

30930.jpeg

Nothing newer is going to fit nice. The newer cars have less height to the seat from the floor. It can be done... but nothing is going to bolt in.

Getting something that looks good is a another story... It's what looks good to you.

If that were my car, I'd tighten up those covers for now and start saving my pocket change for Legendary covers.

My opinion is that that's way too nice a car to shoehorn newer stuff into. Like @Big_John said, I'd cinch up those JC Whitney jobs and drive till I could get them properly done. But hey, I'm rather biased in the case of our cars.

00L0L_9USvdFAlZyq_1200x900.jpg

I would get new seats from Legendary or have some upholstery shop do up some nice leather ones for you. Which ever direction you go....I guaratee you won't regret it down the road.

Going out of your way to install/retrofit newer seats in a nice looking car like that would be a foolish move. Besides, any newer seat would look completely out of place. Best to stick some foam under those covers you have there, tighten them up and run em till you can get the right covers made or bought.

ONE other thing is that newer buckets are not as wide as the ones you have. Narrower, that is. Even if you can get them to be the right seat height and such, they'll look very out of place. I concur with save up for "the good/right stuff".

CBODY67

I put newer bucket seats in my 1964 Valiant and 1965 Dart. Reasons were to get a shoulder belt and much cheaper than ~$700 for new foam and seat covers. I used Sebring w/ integral shoulder belt in the Dart ($100/pr) and Cobra convertible in the Valiant ($50/pr). Both sets have a driver's electric base. Try to find seats w/ flat bases and don't be afraid to cut the base and surely need to add braces. Will likely need to drill a few holes in the floor, but those could be filled if you ever want to go back to stock. Try to use the existing mount holes since those have backing and use thick washers underneath otherwise. Many people do this. I am sure w/ all the full-size SUV's you could find some wide enough for a C-body, and many today have integral belts. In my 65 Newport, I recovered the bench seats ~1996, using covers made to size from a place in LA (forgot name). They had patterns going back to the 1930's.

Back