No work

Work?

I seem to remember something about having to do that.... I don't think I liked it.

I have a few more years and than I can throw in the towel! Been workin earning my own money since like 10. Mowin lawns, shovelin snow whatever it took. Those were the days!

Life is good retired or not. I will likely go another 20
Thats ok. What else am i gonna do
20230730_141038.jpg

There is nothing wrong with getting a little dirty or sweaty. You do whatever it takes to provide for your family. I've been blessed even though it's not always easy. God willing I can call it a career in another 5 or 6 years.

I wasn't working today, but I was doing some repairs on my deck. I was still working, but it's different

I'd like to them pass that 4 day work week they've been kicking around in Washington lately.
I could get used to 3 day weekends every week,
knowing I've got a few more years before I could take down the shingle.

I'm working today, double time plus holiday pay. I get a five day weekend every other week, I'm not complaining at all.

On paper I'm retired, being a farmer I'm not retired, if I stop I will rust to death.
On the tractor today creating wind rows for the wife to bale, once we were done it was off to Dairy Queen for the usual Peanut Buster Parfaie/ Blizzard in the 67 Newport and took the long way to get there and took the long way to get home.
Great day.
I'm working today, double time plus holiday pay. I get a five day weekend every other week, I'm not complaining at all.
You must be a firefighter??

I worked 10 hours today. Working Labor Day honors those who labored before me so that I can have the many conveniences that I enjoy.
America wasn't built on holidays or sitting around on fat asses.

Thank you to all who gave some and to the ones who have given all.

I worked 10 hours today. Working Labor Day honors those who labored before me so that I can have the many conveniences that I enjoy.
America wasn't built on holidays or sitting around on fat asses.

Thank you to all who gave some and to the ones who have given all.
You do more in ten minutes than I do all day.

Piddled with the 72 New Yorker today. Desired some nice new 3/8 fuel hose. Went to the local auto chain store. Sure enough, three spanking clean young dudes standing behind the counter doing nothing but enjoying the fact that the store was plum empty, except for me. Bought the hose. Then spent the next 15 minuets watching them check out my 64 New Yorker.
Love Labor Day.

Back