For Sale Non Mopar-73 L82 Stingray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife says I get $1k from sale to put in the Fury.

4C17DF35-4F5B-4035-A324-301CD602F827.jpeg

B76FB6A9-F598-4A9D-A013-93DCA45D527F.jpeg

DE9344B8-A115-459E-8C5E-50385069ED60.jpeg

Looks like an overall good car. It has the standard interior, but with a/c. It's not really a "special" car, but it is a nice driver type car. I doubt it's an original 44K mile car. I know it's dirty, but I can't see any body seam lines which usually indicates a repaint. Good news, the alarm is still there so I don't think it has ever been rear ended or backed into anything hard. Keep an eye out for the T-tops and original air cleaner.

Also, if you decide to drag it our or jack it up be careful with hook or jack placement, especially around the rear. If you bend one of the trailing arms it'll cost you more than $1,000 to repair. And they bend rather easily.

Thanks for that advice. I will look up where to jack it up. Thought about buying a service manual.

Not sure on mileage but you are probably right. Father in law was second owner. He didn’t drive daily, but I am sure he put some miles on it.

What is the alarm?

This "key hole" is the alarm.
upload_2019-7-27_11-36-29.png

It might still work. I think it's the ignition key that fits it, otherwise it's the door key. Turn it on and open the door and it should start honking at you.

Also, if you have some left over bumpers for sale let me know. Or any other original Corvette parts.

This "key hole" is the alarm.
View attachment 304907

It might still work. I think it's the ignition key that fits it, otherwise it's the door key. Turn it on and open the door and it should start honking at you.

Also, if you have some left over bumpers for sale let me know. Or any other original Corvette parts.

My wife actually bought a bumper on eBay. The one on the car has some rust and her purchase was cheaper than a rechrome.

There are some miscellaneous parts in their basement. I will look around and let you know what I find.

Thanks for the alarm tip.

I'm not a Chevy guy, nor a Corvette guy, but this thread is my kinda thing!
I used to do these revivals back when I was single and had time.

I'm not a Chevy guy, nor a Corvette guy, but this thread is my kinda thing!
I used to do these revivals back when I was single and had time.

I am not a Corvette guy, either. I would take my Fury over this Corvette any day.

I am not single and don’t have a lot of time, but the wife inherited the car and she wants it up and running. She wants to use sale proceeds to pay some bills and to buy one of those mattresses that raise on each side. She wants to be able to raise my side when I snore. :D

You got to get this sold, more than anything because she is throwing some funds your way for your Fury.:thumbsup:

You got to get this sold, more than anything because she is throwing some funds your way for your Fury.:thumbsup:

I can’t decide what to do first. I need front floorpans, rust remediation on lower panels of body, dash repair, a headliner. So much to do, I am having trouble prioritizing. Oh, and my back window leaks into the trunk and somewhere below the cowl I get water in the passenger floor when it rains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back