For Sale NOS Formal Dodge/ Plymouth passenger side remote mirror- $200.00 + shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr C

Reaction score
Contact seller
The advantage of moving is that you find stuff you were looking for.

Monaco 75 on this list has right of first refusal for this super rare C body piece, as he contacted me some time ago about NOS Monaco parts, and this mirror in particular. However, I didn't find it until I was in the midst of moving to Tacoma. I PM'd him but no response as yet.

I originally bought this because it had been advertised as a Chrysler mirror (which it is not). So I completely disassembled,re-chromed, and reassembled good Chrysler cores for my cars to the tune of $150 each...and that was 7 years ago and a lot of work to get done. This item is complete with Gaskets for door mount and door jamb cable sheaths as well as fully functional remote-no damage/ corroded cables..and best of all no hassle associated with rebuilding!

Part # 3695866

I believe it may be for a 74 as the code on the glass reads J- AK-73.

Price is $200.00, US funds, plus shipping.

Pictures below- this item is...well NOS!

HPIM2295.jpg

HPIM2297.jpg

HPIM2298.jpg

How were they wrong, Mr C?
Except for the 78s with the decal, I thought a Formal mirror was a Formal mirror was a....

How were they wrong, Mr C?
Except for the 78s with the decal, I thought a Formal mirror was a Formal mirror was a....

The pedestals are totally different (Tops are the same) for the Imperial/ Chrysler mirror vs the Dodge Plymouth mirror. The Chrysler mirror mounts into the concave contour on the top of the door, so the pedestal is more stubby. The Dodge/ Plymouth piece has a longer pedestal to mount to the door without the contour.

Hopefully you can see the difference in the pics below:

HPIM2290.jpg

'76_Dodge_Royal_Monaco_Coupe_(Orange_Julep).jpg

That's the beauty of this forum.
If I needed a mirror for my NYB, I would have grabbed a NOS Dodge/Plymouth mirror without thinking twice.
Thanks.

I got ALL the chrome (including the bumpers) off a red 78 NYB in New Mexico about 5 years ago. The red decals on the mirrors were trashed and I soaked them in acetone for a week and peeled the decals right off. They look as good as NOS....they still do!

I did the same for the T&C mirrors, what's really cool is the "Chrysler" script was slightly sandblasted over the years and when the decal came off, the script is visible and looks "frosted" into the chrome... if you look at it just the right way you can see it. It turned into a detail I really like on my wagon.

Its been a little while, but I wanted to give Matt (Mr C) a big shout out for the mirror. This mirror is GORGEOUS! I almost feel bad putting it on the Bluesmobile lol.

The blumo originally is a manual mirror so I need to track down the nut for the toggle switch to mount to the dash if anyone has one. Not sure if I need anything else..

20151025_210728.jpg

20151025_210740.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back