SOLD Not Mine 1965 Chrysler 300 2dr Hardtop - $5,800 - Logan Square, Chicago, Ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
Contact seller
1965 Chrysler 300 2dr Hardtop - $5,800 - Logan Square, Chicago, Illinois

CL Description

For your consideration is this 1965 Chrysler 300 series barn find featuring the almost bulletproof 383 engine. Very few of these '65's left. Restoration started, only minor things are left. The body is solid with some surface rust appearing and in need of paint. Solid underneath; at some point it was undercoated. Motor runs strong, no smoke, noise, etc. Torqueflite trans completely overhauled and new torque converter installed. New aluminum radiator, master cylinder, and rear slave cylinders installed. New Coker tires and interior redone (excluding dash). Tracks and brakes straight, shocks seem good; she rides smooth. The rest is up to you. Power windows are off track, some small issues with panel controls but headlights, and tail lights, and directionals work. Call for full details. Text not accepted.

300ht2.jpg
300ht1.jpg
300ht5.jpg
300ht0.jpg
300ht4.jpg
300ht3.jpg

That’s not an original interior color combo is it? Not bad though.

Like the red rims it not the wide whites.

Looks to me like a custom interior. Is that a blue dash pad?

Dave

Don’t know about the blue but I definitely didn’t notice the gold lower and steering wheel on first go round.

Sounds like someone got it up to working driver quality then quit. The upholstery looks good and while may not be in the factory option book, I think is fitting too the car.

Seems like there are more pictures somewhere on the 'net
300ht4-jpg.jpg

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Possibly, in the absence of a data plate shot . . . a completely white car, originally, with a white interior. The red top was added. The upholstery is "factory pattern", but the inserts became red to match the top. Same with the door panels. Looks like a good job.

The white interior would have had black carpet, package tray, and instrument panel pad, but the metal on the IP should be white rather than tan. Same on the steering column trim. Probably with a black steering wheel?

The red wheels are straight out of the mid-'50s Buick play book.

Interesting looking car, for sure.
CBODY67

Possibly, in the absence of a data plate shot . . . a completely white car, originally, with a white interior. The red top was added. The upholstery is "factory pattern", but the inserts became red to match the top. Same with the door panels. Looks like a good job.

The white interior would have had black carpet, package tray, and instrument panel pad, but the metal on the IP should be white rather than tan. Same on the steering column trim. Probably with a black steering wheel?

The red wheels are straight out of the mid-'50s Buick play book.

Interesting looking car, for sure.
CBODY67
My guess is a colour change, with the gold interior originally, like mine was...
Arrival 017.jpg

Arrival 018.jpg

I took a ride into Chiraq today to look at this 300. The seller has done some recent work on the trans and got the lights & turn signals working, put a new master cylinder on and has been working on the carb.
After looking it over it does need interior work including a new dash pad. The instrument panel needs attention too (no lights & unsure if everything works per the seller) The power windows did not work and seller thinks they are off the track. The remote mirror control on the DS door panel was missing. Who knows if it's fallen in the door or wasn't installed when the panels went back on?
As seen in the pics the previous owner did a quick and crappy job, spraying everything like the wiper motor hoses, firewall etc.. under the hood. At least there wasn't any overspray on the 383.
The fenders must've been sprayed over the rust, or was really badly prepped.
The glovebox and trunk keys were missing and so nothing was seen there, but overall the body was fairly straight, and the skirt areas on both sides didn't look bad, knowing these areas on slabs are prone to rot.
The trim was all there but needs attention and front/rear bumpers need to be re-chromed.
The seats aren't bad looking for what it is, but they could use a good cleaning when out of the car. New carpet would be needed too.
This year is my favorite of the slab side 300s, and I was looking for a 65 300 online when the M car was found. I need to take a mental assessment at this point if another project should be in the picture right now.
Here are some pics from today. Slab side members will probably see more that what was mentioned above...
65 300a.jpg
65 300c.jpg
65 300d.jpg
65 300e.jpg
65 300l.jpg
65 300i.jpg
65 300g.jpg
65 300h.jpg
65 300o.jpg
65 300m.jpg
65 300a.jpg
65 300c.jpg
65 300d.jpg
65 300e.jpg
65 300l.jpg
65 300i.jpg
65 300g.jpg
65 300h.jpg
65 300o.jpg
65 300m.jpg

The lh outside mirror is not a factory mirror, which might explain the absence of the remote control mechanism (which is a part of the mirror it runs).

Upon closer inspection . . . it looks a bit rougher than I suspected. In order to make it right, it would need more work to undo some of what's already been done and attend to the things it still needs. In an incremental restoration, I suspect.

Perhaps one of the '65 300-L cars recently posted for sale might be a better investment? Considering the cost of getting this car done and what the Ls' asking price was.

Your judgment call.

Happy Holidays,
CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back